I got to be on Good Morning America and CNN.com!!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• cmpalmer74
    cmpalmer74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! And this is exactly WHY I LOVE MFP so much! Real people, real stories! Thanks for being such an inspiration to those just starting our journey!
  • Mija2010
    Mija2010 Posts: 11
    Options
    I ran across your story while reading the news on CNN last week because I'm always on the lookout for encouraging weight loss stories. I enjoyed reading about your friendship and your commitment to each other and losing weight. Thanks for the link to the video. Very nice and encouraging.
  • raggedyanne5
    raggedyanne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You're story is so inspiring! I read through the comments and it's amazing what jealous people will say haha..

I had to quit reading the CNN comments because some of them were so mean! The ones I remember are:
    Diane got smoking hot and I just got old
    I should accept that no matter my size, I'm still not an attractive person
    We stopped 30 pounds short
    We should never have gotten that big in the first place

Most of the comments were positive, but of course I can remember the few negative ones! The first time I read them I was so upset, but now Diane and I have turned into a joke. When one of us has a non scale victory the other will say "yeah, well you should never have gotten that big in the first place". When one of us loses a pound, the other will say "umm you stopped 30 pounds too short"
    Just another reason why having a weight loss buddy has made me successful!!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and inspirational - sooooo well done :flowerforyou:
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mom2ATM, it is so frustrating when you know you have a lot to lose and the pounds come off in these tiny little increments. One day when I was still in the beginning (over 300lbs) I remember I lost 1 pound and I said to Diane (while pointing at my body in tears) "One pound on THIS?" I was so upset, but when I said that she busted out laughing and then I got tickled. That quote became one of our mantras. Now it's so funny when I point at my body and say "173 pounds on THIS?" And yes please read all posts in a southern twang (my husband calls it "deep woods off")! :tongue:

i LOVE this SO much!!!
    what a great support system you two have in each other - and also great that you both have a sense of humor!
    i loved that what was once '1 pound on this' has become '173 pounds on this'!
    so cool!

you have both done so well sticking to it.
    and your friendship is very touching.

thanks so much for sharing this!
  • Brandyiam
    Brandyiam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    way 2 go im on my journey now as well do you have any tips
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And have done an outstanding job! Workout buddies are the best! Congratulations again and thanks so much for sharing your story.
  • Maggie965
    Maggie965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congratulations!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Oh my, my, MY!! Just an OUTSTANDING and inspiring journey.

Thanks to both of you for sharing.
    And, yes, I am doing my happy dance for you two!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!