How many times can you start over??!!

Options

Replies

• ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You can start over as many times as it takes. Never quit quitting.

Good luck to you in your weight loss journey!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I will always say that the only failure is not getting up and trying again. You can do this!!!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I started just this site ..3 times and lots of other fad diets. I think I have finally figured out this and am sticking w it since Jan. It doesnt matter how many times just keep trying. Something will finally click and you'll be like!!DUH
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You can start over as many times as it takes! Good luck to you!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day and a new opportunity! Put yesterday behind you and start over as often as needed!
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm a Bikram devotee and my fave quote of all time is: “You’re never too old, never too bad, never too late and never too sick to start from the scratch once again.”

So the short answer is....as many times as you need.

I feel like I start from scratch every day.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Daily, I start over daily. I might mess up today but I know I am going to start over tomorrow. It is when I stop starting over that you all should worry. Happy Hump Day!
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    As many times as it takes to reach and maintain your goals! I can't count the amount of times I've started over. Sometimes it's just a bad weekend, then on Monday I get a whole new determination! I just started over yesterday after a week of eating terribly. You can do it! :)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You do start over every day, every time you wake up, put your feet on the floor, open the fridge or sit down to a meal. Every day you start over making decisions on what to eat and when and how much of this or that. Every day you make the choice to go for a walk, run, swim, bike or to the gym. Every step of the way is starting over, because you have to make those choices, every day.
    Welcome, Good Luck and add me if you want!
  • tracpo
    tracpo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    agree with others, start over as many times as it takes for you, everyone is different

(my process has been so slow because and I've started over more times than I can count because so much of it is emotional so I've been working on that as well and actually had to take a break from trying to lose weight for a while because it was never good enough, fast enough, didn't lose weight as well as some one else etc., so I relieved the pressure of "trying" and opted to stop starting over and focus on the health aspects, the process is slower now but emotionally I'm way more ready and handling the process better because I know it's my journey - no one elses.)

So if it takes you 500 times of starting over until you're ready than that's what it takes, someone else may be 5000 and that's ok too because everyone's journey is different
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter how many times you try again, only matters that you DO try again

you can get lots of encouragement here online, I know that is not the same as family encouraging you but it is certainly something that can help bolster you to do better
  • AliceA2013
    AliceA2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just think of it this way ......

We all start over every single day! Just add another page to your story!
    :smile:

I like this :)
  • QuietRager74
    Options
    It's a mental thing for me. Id I slip off a few weeks I'm finding it harder and harder, and the food choices get worse and worse, lol!
    I would say try your hardest to just make it one day, do the right exercises and at least eat two out of your three meals in a healthy way. If you want a snack, go for it, but make it a third of whatever it was you would normally eat, throw the rest out!!!!

QR
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    every minute you make better choices is a minute of healthy longevity added to your life... Balance is hard, but it's somewhere
  • harinkie
    harinkie Posts: 20
    Options
    Seems that a lot of people relate. And so do I. I cannot remember the times I started over. Started again last Friday. It's like somebody wrote: same as quitting smoking. You really have to want it.
    Guess what? I quit smoking august 2012!
    And this year I am going to do something again to become even healthier :)
    And so can you :)
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    As many times as you need... it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up. Never giving up!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You can start over as many times as you like. The one thing you CANNOT get back is time though. Getting older doesn't increase metabolic rate as an adult (with the exception of adding lean muscle). So my question is "what's it gonna take to get you to really take is seriously this time?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of getting back on track as opposed to starting over --- Did you intentionally quit and now you are making a choice to start fresh.... OR did you slip along the way and you are willing to hop back on board now? I think, for me, it would be the latter. But, if it is the first for you -- You can start over as many times as it takes! Good luck!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I choose to view it as committing each day regardless of what has happened in the past. I need to make a promise to myself each morning that I will do my best today.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
    Master Oogway

Don't beat yourself up, what good comes out of that?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    start over until you reach goal!!! keep starting over every meal every snack every day,

OH

and dont count the beating yourself over the head about it as exercise!!!!