New here

Options
09nat13
09nat13 Posts: 38 Member
I am trying to lose some weight me and my husband are trying to get pregnant And have been told by the Doc If I don't lose some weight I will never get pregnant Me and my husband want a big family Any tips and advice would be great to keep losing Weight As I get sidetracked easily

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give you is to LOG LOG LOG! And log honestly, even if you cheat. Once it becomes a habit, and I promise you it will, it'll be easy to eat below your calories. Good luck!
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    set a goal; be clear about commitment; be honest

goal - you want to have a baby

commitment - to permanently change your lifestyle so that your children can watch you grow old

honesty - log EVERYTHING that passes your lips

this is a serious time in your life, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • 09nat13
    09nat13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I hope to make loads of friends on here
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great advice here already!
    Another thing I've found that works for me, is to set really small goals. (lose 3lbs by next week, eat 3 servings of veggies every day, exercise 3 times this week, etc.) When you find yourself acheiving these small goals, (no goal is too small!) you'll feel so good that you've accomplished them and it will keep you motivated to 'up' your goals and boost your progress. I started working out like 2 days a week for 20 minutes and now I workout 6 days a week for close to 2 hours!! The more you workout and the more you eat healthy and log EVERYTHING, the more of a habit it will become (and you'll learn to LOVE it!!)

Good luck girl! You can do this! :)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Take before pics, and measurements, and start logging everything you put into your mouth. It will become a habit, and you will start noticing how much you actually over eat. Not saying that anyone over eats intentionally. When I go to a restaurant I order a to go box, and ask them to bring it before my food arrives. Before I touch anything on my plate, I cut everything in half and place it in the box. I find that I am satisfied with the smaller portions, and I take a meal home for another time. (That's what I mean by over eating.)
    If you'd like, you can add me as a friend. Good luck reaching your goal! (-:
  • bee_ell_RN
    bee_ell_RN Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've restarted for similar reasons. Now that I've put back on all the weight of I've lost we are struggling with TTC both physically and I am struggling mentally with the idea of gaining even more weight when pregnant.
  • srrose15
    srrose15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome - feel free to add me if you want to. I have a hard time getting pregnant as well because I have PCOS – I had to watch my diet, exercise, and lose weight. If you need extra suport or help let me know - I do run a private group on Facebook that gives daily motivation and support if you are needing that as well. Sometimes just knowing you have to be accountable to others and know that they are there when you need some motivation is a great way to succeed in reaching your goals.

Have a great day !
    Stephanie