Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi!

My name is Sam and I have been using MFP for several months now, and lost no weight at all :(
I did have a calorie intake of 1600 (as was set by MFP when I joined) but now I have dropped down to 1400 and am stepping up the exercise.

I am currently 220lb and I want to be 170

I was hoping some of you lovely people would add me, because currently I am doing this with no support at all (my boyfriend eats like crap constantly) and I think some support would make all of the difference!

Thanks
Sam :)

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I would be more than happy to encourage you! Friend Request sent!
  • thegabbleduck
    thegabbleduck Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Your rats are lovely :) I have a trio of my own :)
  • goingtobeskinnyandfit
    Options
    Hello eveyone! I am new to MFP, even though i had an account a year ago, and lost a lot of weight. In the past few months I've gained so many pounds!!! :( But starting today I'm back on track!!! I would love to have some motivating friend, so please add me if you want :)
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi I will send you a friends request ,It is very hard to change your lifestyle alone.Support helps and you meet lovely people on this site .Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • katrina668
    katrina668 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there, I'll add you! I live in a house with 3 young women all average or skinny and they eat like crap too so I know how hard it is to stay on track with so much bad influence. :)
  • goingtobeskinnyandfit
    Options
    THank you everyone!
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    Hi Sam, Welcome!
    You and I are in the same boat, I'm going thru a Plateau at the moment and haven't lost any weight in two weeks or better. I also have a wife that gives me little to no support at all! (and she could stand to loose some weight too!) But she claims I'm obsessed with this diet! I tried to explain to her that I have to get crazy about it to stick with it! No help there, sooo I turn to MFP for support ! and mostly I get it! Sometimes it seems you can wear out your welcome, but just remember this is a
    Fitness site not a Face book posting, and you'll be fine.

I too am playing with calories. I was given 1500 to start, but it became apparent vvery quickly that "That dog won't hunt" So I starte playing around. I just, in fact, dropped my intake to 1000 calories to try and push thru this plateau! I know I can't stay there very long, 'cause I get so hungry I could eat dirt! Each of us is different and we all have to find the "sweet spot"!

So welcome, we are all in this together. At this site you get what you give. Kind of the Golden Rule thing, Come join us in our quest, and good luck to you!

Oh by the way, I am down to 275 from 315 in 6 months. Got 80 to go and the rest of my life to do it. Don't get in a hurry, this works. You just gotta give it time and be honest with yourself!:wink:
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    Welcome back! Good Luck!:wink:
  • thegabbleduck
    thegabbleduck Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has added me!!
    I really appreciate it!