Eating Clean Vs. IIFYM This guy puts it best!

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8

Everything about this makes so much sense & has truly opened my eyes! Neither side is truly *right*. I was one of those "clean eaters" that felt guilty for using sugar free & low fat stuff sometimes & I would binge out on the weekends. This guy really puts it all into perspective. Not saying that Oreos are going to be my go to breakfast, but I'm not going to feel guilty for not eating all natural peanut butter, a bowl of processed cereal or having a slice of pizza on a Tuesday which is not my designated "cheat meal" day lol!

Replies

• TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    tried to listen.....kept tuning him out because his delivery needs a lot of work.....cliffs notes?
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    tried to listen.....kept tuning him out because his delivery needs a lot of work.....cliffs notes?

Basically he is saying that you don't have to eat clean 100% of the time because things like that cause you to binge, but he doesn't recommend eating a diet of Twinkies either.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Biolayne is the SCHEET! :drinker:
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Biolayne is the SCHEET! :drinker:

I agree, I really enjoy his videos!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • jQue12480
    jQue12480 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the video. Just thinking the right thing to do is what works for the individual. I am thinking the scale slides somewhere between clean eating and IIFYM. BTW - It appears IIFYM is nothing but measurement with an eye on Clean Eating, Paleo, or some other framework of eating.