Stuck

Options
Hello Everyone!
So I have been stuck at my current weight for about 4 months and it's so frustrating. I was on weight watchers for a year and lost 16 lbs and that was in the first 7 months after that I pretty much stopped losing weight. My last 16 week book (with weight watchers) started at 145.2 and ended at 145.8...lots of ups and downs in between but overall nothing lost... So I quit weight watchers and started using MFP again, also started intense boot camp 4 times a week (a month ago)...still nothing. I'm supposed to stick with 1200 calories which I do most days, and I eat more on the days I have boot camp. I'm just not sure why i'm not losing. I have been eating less calories than I burn.

I was searching some message boards and there is something called in place of road map 2013. When I do the formula on that it says I should be eating around 2035 calories a day, where I've been eating 1200. That's a huge difference. I need some help on figuring this whole thing out. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but a lot of us have found that we don't lose anything if we cut our calories down too far. For me, eating 1200-1400 calories a day while exercising 6 days a week caused me to stall out for over two months. I finally started losing again when I increased my calories, and continued losing when I switched to the Road Map's method.

MFP expects you to eat 1200 calories and add in the calories you burn through exercise. That's meant to keep you at a healthy, steady loss rate.

The other thing to look at is your logging accuracy. Are you weighing/measuring all of your foods? Are you using an HRM or estimates to get your calorie burn? It's possible you're eating more than you think and burning less.
  • candi4133
    candi4133 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have a food scale, but I do measure dry/wet ingredients ie cereal, milk, coffee creamer sugar. The only thing I don't know the official weight of would be meat, and if anything I over estimate that. So I'm really not sure. I do have a HRM but I mostly estimate on my boot camp work outs.

Do you think switching to the Road Map's method may work?