Feeling Frustrated........

Options
I'v been on program for about 6 weeks now, And the weight is just not coming off!!!! I'm doing really well with my eating(1200-1400) avg a day! I'm working out doing carido 3-4 times a week (60min classes) and it's a hard cardio class..... I first lost 5 lbs then put 2 back on!!! My new work out routine is....Monday= weights(bodypump class) tue-wed-thr= all carido - Fri=Weights....And if I had a tough weekend with snacking I'll do a step cardio class on Sunday!!!! Grrrrrr why is the weight not coming off??
(venting)

Sw 155
Cw-152
Gw140-135 by december15th(Beach Vacation)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you are eating 1200-1400 a day, are you eating your exercise cals? If not with that much workout you might be going into starvation mode making you not lose weight. You dont have your diary public, opening that might help some with some suggestions.
  • karinem88
    Options
    also since u r working out hard you might be converting tthat fat into muscle which weighs more so dont stress it. try measuring your inches sometimes u see bigger results that way.
  • jrich1
    Options
    also since u r working out hard you might be converting tthat fat into muscle which weighs more so dont stress it. try measuring your inches sometimes u see bigger results that way.

cardio isnt going to build muscle and muscle and fat weigh the same thing.
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem right now. Been here for a month and lost 3 pounds then gained it back. I am under my calories every day and exercise 6 days a week. It is super frustrating. I am actually going to my doctor tomorrow to talk about it to make sure its nothing else. I'm sure its just water retention and gaining muscle but I hate seeing the number go up instead of down. Good luck in you journey. Feel free to add me for support if you would like.

Kerri
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So I've made my diary public....As for my Journal not all my eats are good!! But I make up for it with working out.....
    What I;ll do this week is journal 100% even if it's bad... And see how my weigh in on Friday goes>>>
    Funny thing I don't think I'll ever get below the 150 mark!!
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    Btw I do feel much leaner!!! But just the weight wont move.......
  • jrich1
    Options
    So I've made my diary public....As for my Journal not all my eats are good!! But I make up for it with working out.....
    What I;ll do this week is journal 100% even if it's bad... And see how my weigh in on Friday goes>>>

Try eating some more of your exercise calories, I saw some days with 800 cals and some other days where your net was under 1200 for the day. Even with your exercise factored in you should be over 1200 cals
  • lisablueeyes
    Options
    [

quote]

Try eating some more of your exercise calories, I saw some days with 800 cals and some other days where your net was under 1200 for the day. Even with your exercise factored in you should be over 1200 cals
    [/quote]

Thanks for the input!!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I know what your mean :ohwell: . I joined in July and have been very faithful to entering everything I eat and 95% of the time being just under my calorie limit. I exercise on a regular basis and eat my exercise calories-- even though I feel like I'm getting more fit, the scale has hardly moved. It makes it hard to stay on track.
    However, MFP is the first thing that has really made me aware of what I'm eating and doing-- and I'm determined that at some point, more pounds will come off.
    Add me as a friend-- I'd love to swap suggestions/ideas and hear what works for you and I'll do the same. Stay Motivated !:flowerforyou: