Receptionist!

Options
I am a receptionist so I am pretty much sitting at my desk 8 hours a day anyone have any ideas for exercises to do while at the desk??

Replies

• Doskymom
    Doskymom Posts: 6
    Options
    I sit in front of a computer at one of my jobs, too. I don't do any exercises at my desk, but I do go for walks on my breaks. I wear a pedometer and do whatever it takes to make sure I get at least 10,000 steps per day.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Unless no one minds that you get up to do some pushups or squats behind your desk....I don't think there's much you can do that is worth the effort.

I also sit at a desk all the day. I go for a 3 KM walk every day at lunch. Helps me feel refreshed for the afternoon and burns 130 calories!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Kegels. :laugh:

Or you could get one of those foot pedals and put that under your desk.

I sit at a desk all day and run on my lunch. This may not work for you because not everyone is able to eat at their desk.
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do bathroom exercises. Every time I go to the bathroom (which is frequently since I'm trying to drink more water) I do an exercise. Sometimes its wall push ups, wall sits, squats, lunges... It seems to work for me and makes me feel better and gets the blood pumping in my body!
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I sit at a desk all day and run on my lunch. This may not work for you because not everyone is able to eat at their desk.

Lol..that reminds me of Samanth doing her kegel exercises at the restaurant in Sex In The City
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Walk to someone's desk instead of caling them. Just get up whenever you can.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Some facilities allow for workers to sit on an exercise ball while working. It's not much but if your boss allows it, you could get a little work out in throughout the day and I heard that it improves your posture.

Otherwise, you could flex your stomach and but muscles. Put weights on your feet and do sitting leg lifts. Also sitting crunches and side crunches (idk what they are actually called),

But really, if you cannot leave your desk for very long I would look up excises for people for ... disabled people. I know that sounds weird and I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone or but there are a lot of sitting exercises that you can do that will still burn calories and work your muscles.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Work standing up here and there. Stretch.
  • ajfridy702
    Options
    !
  • ajfridy702
    Options

Haha! yes that is very important also , I am now doing them as we speak! haha
  • ajfridy702
    Options
    I do bathroom exercises. Every time I go to the bathroom (which is frequently since I'm trying to drink more water) I do an exercise. Sometimes its wall push ups, wall sits, squats, lunges... It seems to work for me and makes me feel better and gets the blood pumping in my body!

Yes I have been drinking allot of water everytime I go in the bathroom I try to do side crunches standing up .that even works haha
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    lol @ kegals...

I agree with the others that ther'es not much you can do without looking wierd. I'd say focus more on stretching/getting up for water, etc every now and then so you're not just constantly sitting but go for a walk on your breaks and exercise at home.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

Yes I have been drinking allot of water everytime I go in the bathroom I try to do side crunches standing up .that even works haha

Ohhhh that's smart... maybe I'll start doing some of that too lol