Thinking of starting p90x...

Options
I'm thinking of starting p90x, but I hesitate because I'm worried about my ankle. I had ankle surgery last November, and it's mostly healed, but not 100%. I don't want to do anything that will cause any damage to it, nor do I want to slow down this seemingly endless healing process.

So my question: for those of that have tried p90x, do you think it puts significant strain on a person's ankle? Or should I mostly be in the clear?

Replies

• kristacky
    kristacky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's been a long time since I've done P90X but I think the plyometrics and kenpo days might be hard on your ankle, but the other days (abs, chest, arms, legs, yoga, ect) should be fine. On the ply and ken days, you could just take it easy on the exercises that stress your ankle. My opinion: borrow the dvds from someone that already owns it to see what the workouts are like (or I'm sure you could YouTube them). Good luck!
  • saptamani
    saptamani Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ripped them off of a (definitely illegal) streaming site, so if it doesn't work out its not a significant financial loss. I'll give it a shot.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    They have modifications to most their moves. And with plyometrics, there is a guy with one leg and one prosthetic.