Shock absorbing sneaker for 390lb man

Options
dhaemon
dhaemon Posts: 110 Member
I'm finding my knees hurting and recently shin splints from walking hard and jogging using adidas cross training sneakers.

Any recommendations for a sneaker that can make my feet bounce more. If that's possible for a 390 lbs man haha

Replies

• SW1388
    SW1388 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'd ease up on the running and switch to a stationary bike for cardio (or another low impact exercise if you're not into the bike). Don't wanna put to much stress on your joints.. save the running for when you get down a bit lower

Sorry for not answering your question by the way
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Cross trainers aren't designed to be running shoes. The best thing you can do is find a running store & have them fit you to a running shoe that works with your feet, gait, etc.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'd ease up on the running and switch to a stationary bike for cardio (or another low impact exercise if you're not into the bike). Don't wanna put to much stress on your joints.. save the running for when you get down a bit lower

Sorry for not answering your question by the way

This^, and look into actual running shoes. Cross trainers aren't really made for "running".
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    There's a good chance you'll get shin splints and joint pain from running in any shoes, due to your weight. Personally i wouldn't run until you're below 250-300.
    As far as walking shoes, any low-heeled shoe, such as skateboard shoes or Converse. The raised heel of most shoes on the market, including running shoes, isn't ergonomically correct for walking (or running for that matter).
    For extra cushioning, slip in 1 or 2 pairs of Spenco Comfort insoles. You might need 1/2 size larger shoe with 2 pairs of insoles.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Nike Vomero's best shoes I have ever used. Helped out my knee problems significantly when I was over 300.
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I started at 383. I didn't really start walking much till I was 350-360. I've used New Balance 481's and I really like them. I'm now 305 and I walked over 50 miles this month. My first pair lasted around 110 miles.

I still get shin splints at times.