but know that I need to set several smaller goals along the way
needs suggestion
and needs some suggestions on where to go and what to do
once I hit goal

Replies

• girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I set ALOT of goals. It helps stay motivated. My mini goal was always a BMI point. Lose a BMI point get a reward like a nail polish color or a magazine. Usually after 15# I allow myself to buy 1-2 new outfits. Some big goals were not being obese anymore, pre-baby weight, and less than 200#, each of these I had adjusted my 15# goal to match that weight so I rewarded myself with clothes. My next goal is 100# loss and my boyfriend is rewarding me with a party.
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Goal 1: Be able to fit on all the rides at Universal for trip on June 13, 2013 (CHECK)
    Goal 2: Finish the Warrior Dash in an hour or less on July 27, 2013 (CHECK - 59 minutes)
    Goal Weight 1: Lose 26 pounds by August 30, 2013 (I am 1 pound away from this goal)
    Goal Weight 2: Lose 20 pounds by November 28, 2013
    Goal Weight 3: Lose 10 pounds and be toned by April 20, 2014

The first two goals I didn't do anything to celebrate, the rides at Universal and the race were the rewards.

For my weight goals here are the rewards.
    Goal Weight 1 - New workout clothes (I've budgeted $150 for this).
    Goal Weight 2 - New clothes! (this is right around Christmas so I'm hoping to get some Christmas money to put towards this, other than that I have $200 set aside for this).
    Goal Weight 3 - May or may not happen, it's a wait and see how I feel once I get down to 150 (goal weight 2).

I am considering adding another weight lose goal between 1 and 2 and the reward will be a massage.

Also, after I have maintained my weight for a year I'm rewarding myself with a spa day.
  • sdpeklo
    sdpeklo Posts: 82
    Options
    I set a goal to be a solid size 8....broke it and I currently wear a 6....possible I will go for a 4. I got a very short haircut to celebrate. One that I wanted for a long while but spent hiding behind my longer hair due to being overweight. : ) Also bought a few outfits that fit me well in styles I wanted. Best wishes on your journey!
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    When I was a wee little skinny teen I promised myself I'd be bursting out of my shirts.

A year and a half later I couldn't put on a shirt without tearing it. Mission accomplished.