Tall Girls: How many calories do you eat before exercise? :)

Options
Hello! I was wondering, girls who are tall, how many calories do you eat per day? I have been seeing a lot of people eating 1200 or fewer and I can't imagine eating that little! If you could tell me your height, weight, goal weight, and number of calories (net) that would be great so I can get an idea of how others are doing! :) Thank you!
Me v
Height: 5'10
CW: 155
GW: 140
Net: 1430

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11
    SW 190
    LW 143
    CW 155ish (don't really weigh more than once a month)

My goal was 1600 and I ate back at least 1/2 of my exercise calories. Lost .5/1lb a week. Couldn't even think of surviving on less. I love food...and beer...and wine...LOL
  • jenniferhe
    jenniferhe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and my goal is 1 lb a week to loose. Current weight 215. Goal 180-190. With that MFP's calculator has helped me reach a goal of 1990 cal's a day. I usually try to shoot for 1800. Some days are easier than others depending on my work schedule :). As for how many calories to eat before exercising I don't think there's an exact amount and it's different for everyone. An important thing my trainer has talked a lot about with me is eating protein after my lifting days to help rebuild muscle. Also my blood sugar runs low so I have to make sure I am eating at least every 2-3 hours to maintain or I pass out. So with that I make sure to eat 3 good meals a day at about 500 cal a piece and then 1 snack in between breakfast & lunch, lunch and dinner and then between dinner & bed time. Snacks I try to keep at 100-150 cals. 1200 seems a bit low, but I'm also a taller woman so that would not work for me. Take into consideration your activity level too. Hope this helps! Good luck.