Eating on workout days vs. rest days

Options
I workout 6 days a week and take sundays off. I've noticed that on workout days I find it hard to eat all of my calories, but on my rest day i want to eat everything in house! Do any of you feel this way.

Replies

• cardboardboxes
    cardboardboxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL I want to eat everything in the house EVERY DAY!!! :)

Seriously, I kind of wonder if it's an "idle hands" thing - you know, boredom? If you're not busy, it can be easy to seek food. I know I do!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's def. true for me. Yesterday was my rest day, (six days of exercise) and I swear I was hungry every 20 minutes! I have a much harder time getting all my calories in on workout days. I think it's because after I workout I don't want to eat for such a long time then I feel like I'm behind schedule getting all of my meals in! Here's the good news; If you are hungry/ravenous on a rest day i THINK it means your metabolism has sped up sufficiently to burn more calories when you aren't doing anything and that means more weight loss! Yay!
  • emmyjake
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely.
  • emmyjake
    Options
    I feel the exact same way!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I was that way. Felt extra hungry on my rest days.

So when I start my second round of Insanity my cheat days will be on my rest days.

Before on my rest days I atleast took a 45 min walk. I just felt weird not working out and I always wanted to get out of the house to avoid eating! lol
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    For me I'm starving on cardio days. I usually burn ~550. If ur hungry go ahead and eat. Even eat a little over maintenance. This will replenish your glycogen stores and promote a positive nitrogen balance in your muscles which they rarely get due to constant caloric deficit. A day at maintenance or 2-300 Will not harm you at all. It will help keep you sane and you will still be at a deficit for the week.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I will eat a ****load on workout days generally. I want to be well fuelled up before and I want to get all the post workout nutrition required to make all of that effort worth while :)
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I thought it was just me. I think mine is that psychologically my mind tells my stomach to pipe down on workout days because it doesn't want to go through all that hard work for nothing. LOL Seriously though, I think that subconsciously the idea that I put effort into it makes me also want to put effort into eating more healthy, more reasonable portions without thinking about it. When I don't work out my mind subconsciously says, ok, we aren't trying today or something to that effect. Just a theory :)