the day after... a night out

Options
Here I am. Last night was a good one but still 1k+ calories topped to my usual food plan (:drinker: beer, snacks, dessert:laugh: ,...)

What to do in these days, stick with the usual plan or reduce calories intake in the next 1-2 days?

:huh:

Replies

• sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering the exact same thing! Boyfriend and I went out for our anniversary last night and I don't even want to discuss how much I ate!
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change. Why would we want to punish ourselves and our bodies for a night of fun? Just get back on track with eating the proper foods in the amounts your body needs and you'l be just fine. Its life we are going to go out and have a few drinks and treats every now and then. its ok. HAve a great day!!!
  • 3110cynthia
    Options
    i say stick to your plans and don't beat yourself down for a night out - you deserve a break every once in a while - if you go out alot keep in mind that there are drinks that have ALOT less calories than others - look into it, for instance i think a rum and diet coke has only about 100 cal;s - you're gonna have to look it up cuz my memmory is not so great but drinks vary alot from very low cal to very high - and while you're watching your health it's probably good not to exceed more that 4-5 drinks a week and certainly not all one night - but ya know if this was a one in a way long time blowout - who cares - don't you bother yourself with it at all - it probably wont change the scale very much at all - and instead of decreasing cal.s try to exercise more - i just would go on with out much thought about it and stay to my original plan

don't let it get you down please!!!!
  • jellybeanz
    Options
    I agree with the above post. We deserve a small treat now and then. The lifestyle change was to keep us from eating like that every day. As long as you eat healthy the majority of the time, where's the harm in having a treat once and a while? Just get back on the wagon the next day. I'm saving my treats for Christmas time and giving myself a three day window to enjoy a little holiday food in moderation.

I don't think you should punish yourself by eating less the next few days after. If you don't get enough calories, your body will just store the fat. =)
  • redon
    Options
    thanks for supporting!!!!!!! :love:

going to prepare my salad and carbs :bigsmile: AS USUAL:bigsmile:
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just don't beat yourself up too much.. 1000 calories can be taken from the next 3-4 days spread out if your really worried about it. You can also increase your exercise and it'd be gone in two or three that way. The eating plan you are on must be something you can live with.. that means you WILL go out and eat/drink bad sometimes. Just plan for it and the scale wont show it.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed last nite too, ........mmm, some great raisin pecan bread from Whole Food,

Lol, it was on sale, right, with an additional dollar off. Sooo, I said, "I havent had bread in about 5 months, the only think remotely close was those 3 corn tortillas from Panchitos, "

So I had my bread, and ate it toooo, and ate, lol........

Well, its in the past, todays the day you focus on

"DONT LOOK AT YOUR LIFE STYLE CHANGE USING A REAR VIEW MIRROR"

Look forward, not back, .........
    , I ve been good, 99 % of the time, Im focused, but know what?

Im human, and I bet theres never been an actual human who has adhered to his diet 100%

98% , 97 % percent adhearage is awesome...............Think about it this way, youre finally doing something and not doing what you were doing last year, which was nothing.... I mean, had this been last year when you wouldnt have even given it a second thought, and now look, youre here , aware of what happened and youre telling people about it........thats awesome

Look ahead, todays a great day, we all got out of bed and were breathing , arent we? Things are good . Good luck, Ill be rooting for you.....Lloyd

I
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters, this is a lifestyle. You had a special occasion yesterday and went out and enjoyed it. Today is a new day and you are back on track!

Don't dwell on it life happens and you had a good time, be proud and think of how far you've come and the changes you've made you aren't going to do that everyday or every week.

Karen
  • redon
    Options
    Many, Many thanks!!!!

1893377.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I spent 3 days living it up in Ibiza then came out and had a couple of mad ones at home with my girlies. The end of the week of all play and no watching or exercising and I had put on a whole 2 lb!!!! That was last monday. Yesterday I got on the scale and I had lost the 2lb and an extra 2lb. whats the point in losing weight if you can't go out and let your hair down? Its not worth beating yourself up about it.
  • bellie821
    Options
    Hey everyonee,

August was a really bad month for me. First it was my best friends bday, then my brothers and finally mine - all a week apart and all 3 nights included heavy drinking and LOTS of terrible food :(
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    In addition to going back to your healthy eating w/o beating yourself up,make sure you DRINK YOUR WATER...it will really make a huge diference (maybe a little extra too). We all deserve a "day off" now and then!:flowerforyou: