What is your goal?

Options
My name is Kayla and I'm going for a healthier life. I'm 5'8". I'm 23 going on 24 this November.

My starting weight was originally 235lbs as a teen. I hated the way I looked and ate unhealthily. I was always jealous of thinner girls. So I decided to make a change. Just like what my mother did, I lose weight. It was hard at first, but I did it. I had to start over a couple of times and it sucked. In 2011, I stated at 220lbs then the doctor told me that last year (2012) that since she last saw me, I lost 25lbs. I was very happy. I'm now 194lbs. I use to be 191lbs, but I gained 3 pounds. I was so close to 189. I just gotta keep going.

My goal weight is 160-155lbs. I don't wanna be skinny, I wanna be healthy. I realized that being skinny is not everything. I don't wanna be anorexic, I wanna be healthy and fit. :happy:

Replies

• Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 starting weight was 215, I just wanna be down to 165ish or a size 10 which ever comes first
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hey Kayla! Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great! :) I'm just under 5'9ft and my goal as of right now is 145lb. I look good at 152lb too so I will have to see when I get down to there. I definitely don't want to be skinny either, I just want to look healthy! Feel free to add me if you want additional support. Good luck
  • t_welch11
    t_welch11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 150-160lbs. I'm 5'8" and 29 years old. I gained a lot of weight with my last pregnancy and ended up 292 two days before delivery. Two weeks after Delivery my weight was at 262lbs so I used that as my starting weight. I am down to 245lbs now (7 weeks later). My short term goals are to lose 2lbs a week and be under 200lbs by the end of the year.
  • kellywa1179
    kellywa1179 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weighed 148 when I met my husband. We had a very stressful start to our marriage, and I ended up at 220. It wasnt until we went on a trip to Mackinac Island and I couldnt even bike around it, do any interior hiking, or even just walk around town without wanting to hurl. I started my first round of MFP last August and lost 40 pounds. I am on round two to finish what I started and would like to finish at 150, and go back to that island and kick it's butt.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My main goal is to get into a size 12 pants. I don't care about the weight; I'd like to keep the muscles :-) I started off a size 20/22 and I'm in a size 16 now. I've only lost 18 pounds haha.
    I also want to do 10 push-ups, then 20, then up to 100; do 20 pull-ups; bench press my weight, squat my weight. I'd like to eventually do a 5k, but not sure if that's possible since I have bad knees.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    My goal is to live longer than my dad (he died at 64) and his dad (he died at 62).

My goal is to avoid diabetes. Which runs in my family.

My goal is to avoid heart issues. Which run in my family.

My goal is to see my son live well into his 30s and 40s and beyond.

I started at 188 and I think 130 - 140 would be a nice place to be.

Apparently I can go down to 115 and still have what is considered a normal BMI. But I think that would put me into the scrawny category. I'll pass on that.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!

My goal is to get to 125lbs... though it's kinda a loose goal, as I'm not necessarily stuck on that number. Depends more on how I look/feel when I'm getting down there. At any rate, what I want to do is get a "flat" tummy- no belly pooch.

I also want to be STRONG. Need to start lifting!!

ETA to steal a couple from Scott as well - I want to avoid the diabetes and high blood pressure that my mom, dad and grandparents have. That's a pretty strong motivator too!!
  • DustyHaynes
    DustyHaynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right now, my goal is 250 (starting weight of 286). Once i reach that, I'm aiming for 200.

My main non-scale related goal is to look awesome at my wedding in April!
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Options
    5'3" (almost). Started at 145. Super goal weight is 115, but I'd settle for 120. 25 to go.

I get to see my boyfriend on his leave from Afghanistan in late October/early November. That's when I hope to be done.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" as well, and currently 233 pounds. When I first wanted to lose weight it was only because I wanted to be skinny. But my goals changed. Now it's because in 2015 I'll be taking the Firefighter's physical combat challenge and I have to be ready for that. Now it's about being fit and strong enough to do that flawlessly....looking good is just the perk ;)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    thats great, great attitude as well! :happy:

My goal is to look like I workout and eat healthy, I want to look good in clothes and look great naked, I want to keep a curve and not be just a thin stick (been there, hated it) I want to be in my weight range for my height and my BMI normal (almost there) :smile:
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I started out at 228lbs on my 5'2" frame

this was 2 months after I started my workout routine.
    7355961762_499d855e15_q.jpg
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

this is from the last few months (L-R July, April, Dec)
    8696528886_a515f0a1fa_q.jpg
    photo grid by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I've only lost about 34#, and really only a pound or 2 through the last 6 months. I've been weight training :)

I'd like to be a size 8 ( maybe 145#)

I'd like to be able to run several laps on the track without wheezing

I'd like to be able to do real pushups and pull ups
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    To weigh what I did before I had kids!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My goal has always been to look good naked (in my own eyes). I started weight lifting and it is making a huge difference in body shape.

Congrats on your progress so far!! Keep moving forward - it is sooooooo worth it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!