Is it possible get slimmer without diets?

Options
Hello all!

I'm a newbie here and I would be glad to know you guys and share our opinions on the matter. It's a great problem to keep shape and to lose some weight and slimmer.
I like very much to eat tasty and I wouldn't like to give up my favorite food like chocolate, pizza, sandwiches, pancakes and other similar stuff.
Do you think it is possible to lose weight without maintaining any diets?

Would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks!

Replies

• luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible. I haven't cut anything out of my diet (meaning the types of food I eat). For me it's all about portion control. If I want pizza, I eat pizza, but I only eat 1 slice because - believe it or not - 1 slice is a serving. Then fill out your meal with healthy sides. And I've lost about 30 lbs since last November.

You don't have to cut carbs, or never eat dessert again, or [insert latest fad] to lose weight. Everything in moderation. :smile:
  • ivinzi
    ivinzi Posts: 10
    Options
    At the end of the day, i guess it comes down to the deficit and control of certain parts of your food intake like sodium for example. It is totally possible. The weight i've lost is due to a mix of a huge cutdown of food and a huge increase of excersise, i find that the fastest way.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Keep track of calories, but you don't have to stop eating any foods you love. A calorie deficit is all you need to start losing.
  • StephIntrepid
    StephIntrepid Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Miracle pill? No.

Give up pizza, chocolate, whipped cream, cakes, hamburgers, and everything tasty in this world? No.

The answer is portion control, balance, and healthy lifestyle.

Don't eat a whole pizza, just one slice. Don't eat pizza every day, just as a treat. Walk down to your pizza place to pick up a slice and eat it on the way back.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It is the only way to get slimmer. To change lifestyle, not to "diet".

You do have to watch what you eat. And, make high calorie low nutrition foods "occasional" instead of regular.

To a die-heart foodie, the key was to learn and experiment and cook meals that are both delicious and healthy. There are such things!

And when I indulge in guilty foods, I want to make it worth it. No crappy or average pizza ever. Pizza is to be had from wood over in a nice Italian restaurant, fresh, with premium ingredients. All other not worth it.

Cake should be my favorite cake, I'm not going to waste my rare slice on anything less.
  • melindafritz
    Options
    Yes eat what you want stay under calories
    exercise
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

And when I indulge in guilty foods, I want to make it worth it. No crappy or average pizza ever. Pizza is to be had from wood over in a nice Italian restaurant, fresh, with premium ingredients. All other not worth it.

Cake should be my favorite cake, I'm not going to waste my rare slice on anything less.

I agree, mediocre doesn't cut it!
  • jbalistriere
    jbalistriere Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    100% possible. The whole idea of a "diet" is what usually gets people in trouble in the first place. A diet is only good for the time you're on it. If you want to really lose weight and keep it off, you need to make a lifestyle change.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yes, I believe it is possible. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within a calorie limit. Portion control is really the issue I think.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Make it fit into your days calories and you will lose weight!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you must eat less, move more, or preferably, both.

Now, healthy lifestyle changes are probably going to dictate you practice portion control on those yummy foods you referenced.

But it can be done.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    If you want to eat the same; then you'll need to up the level of daily activity is all.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    People will often talk about making losing weight a 'lifestyle' change. Which means, you need to accept that you won't lose drastic amounts of weight overnight. Start by having a bit less of what you're eating. As time goes on, even less. As people have suggested, if you normally have 3 pancakes for breaky, have 2 and some fruit. If you normally have 3 pieces of pizza for dinner, have 2 and a salad. The little changes that you make will add up and over time you will slim down. If you want to lose weight fast, well, it's likely not going to happen and stay off for life. The most successful to lose weight IMO is to make changes that are sustainable for your life. This comes from someone who has tried numerous different methods.
  • LeanAmbitions
    Options
    It's possible and probably more sustainable. It's just calories in vs. calories out. Between portion control and work outs, you could totally still eat what you want and lose weight. You have to do something you will be able to do the rest of your life.