Sharp hunger pains immediately after eating?

Options
Does anyone else get this??

I can eat a HUGE meal, healthy or not. Immediately after I experience sharp hunger pangs (at least that is what it feels like). If I wait it out for 15 - 20 minutes, it's gone.

Any ideas on what this is?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Those aren't hunger pangs, that's your gut going OMG why did you dump all that down here!
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Before and after your meal. Should take care of it.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too fast, too much at the same time and waiting too long between meals.
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor. Just from what you said I would say gallbladder problems :(
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think that it does sometimes take that 15-20 minutes for your body to realize it's been fed. Definitely normal.

It's when you are still hungry after 20-30 minutes that you should start to worry about if you are eating the right types of food that will make you feel fuller longer.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    YES! I have started doing this just in the last week. Except for me, it takes about 20 minutes then I feel super hungry again and another 20-30 minutes before it will go away. I know I'm not "really" hungry so I don't eat anymore, but still! I have just assumed it was my metabolism revving up or something. Glad I'm not alone.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Strong ulcer
  • davidaward14
    davidaward14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I go through the same exact thing as well, except sometimes it takes up till an hour to feel full. If it was not for having a food diary, I would feel as if I have not aten at all. After 1.5 months of changing my food habits, the hunger pains went away. Your body may need some time to adjust to your new lifestyle; after, it gets use to it the hunger pains will go away. For now, all I can say is hang tuff!
  • margebouvierx2
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor, trust me don't leave it, this is a sign you could have gallstones or ulcers.
    I left pain like that, I would eat and after eating i would get hunger pains, real bad ones so i would eat again, this went on for a few years and so did all the weight, never saw the doc. ever, then more pains starting coming, different pains and real bad, they'd last for 15 to 20 hrs at a time, unbearable pain like real bad birthing contractions ( i have a strong pain threshold) I eventually went to the doc's, I'd left it so long I was loaded with gall stones, I got even worse and jaundice because they were stuck in my bile duct too.
    I had to have two nasty ops. My gallbladder got stuck to my bowel. nasty,
    So take a warning, see the doc, hopefully nothing is wrong but it sounds like pretty classic symptoms from what I know.

Oh and don't drink water just before or after eating, it plays havoc with your digestion, diluting the bile and stomach acid so your food sits and stews rather than being taken care of correctly. I was told this by my consultant, doctor and dietician,
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    Thank you. This only happens to me when I eat a relatively large meal. The hunger pangs aren't that horrid but are still there. I will follow your advice and go see my RN.
  • kaydensmom0712
    Options
    I have the exact same problem no matter how healthy the meal is and no matter how much water or protein I eat. I have had hgb a1c and thyroid tested and both came back normal. I have also tried nexium to make sure it isn't acid related. I don't drink soda or eat horribly. As I get older and try to become healthier and exercise more the more this issue bothers me. I really need some help.