Can't eat all my calories

Options
I'm eating "clean" and therefore the vast majority of the food I eat is very low calorie. I eat all day long (grazing in 5-6 meals) and simply cannot eat any more without feeling ill. I come in under my calorie goal by about 200 cals on a regular day, and about twice that on days I exercise. It keeps giving me the "You're eating too few calories" warning. If I'm eating healthy all the time until I'm full should I be concerned about not making minimum requirements for caloric intake?: You can view my food diaries to see if you can offer any suggestions but I simply won't eat pasta, rice, potatoes, bread, etc... on Paleo so I don't know what to do .

Replies

• aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd say you should be. If you don't get there especially since it sounds like you aren't making 1200 calories...you are going to slow your metabolism.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Eat dried fuits, nuts and peanut/almond butter. All these are calorie dense.
  • pcpharr
    pcpharr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some of your calories. Juicing and smoothies can help with that. Bulk them up with greek yogurt and milk (soy and almond milk are both great options). I'm not sure where those fit in with being on a paleo diet, but are just some suggestions. Good luck!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Start cooking with paleo-friendly oils, or using them in dressings. You'll add a couple of hundred calories easily.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can. I don't know anything about paleo, but if you add olive oil, guacamole, almond butter, edamame, etc to your meals you can easily get in an extra 200 calories.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    they eat oil and nuts on paleo don't they?
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    All right, some good advice here, this is why I love MFP! Thank you so much!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Do you like different kinds of peanuts or almonds, or pistachios??? and what about milk?? If you can consume 1/2 cup of almonds and a glass of chocolate milk (1%) you would get in 620 calories and that isn't much more than a mini snack.... Best of Luck
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Definitely nuts. a 70g portion of cashews from marks and spencer is 410 calories, and it's not a great volume to eat (and is nommy as well). I love nuts but am actually finding I'm having to limit myself on them to stay in goal as they're so calorie dense (but good cals mind!)