P90X Day 1!

Options
Ok. I started P90X (again - long story) a few months ago. It was just a few weeks after an abdominal surgery and I was having to do a lot of modifications. I realized that I wasn't going to get the results I wanted out of the program, so I didn't consider myself in a round. I did do a few of the workouts but not in the set order or every day. So, today is day 1. I'm posting this to make me accountable. You can track my progress at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArbJKW5ZXMPrdFp4YVRjejRWYUcxY2xnUDhOcXlaRFE&hl=en&authkey=COaLro0N

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Good luck! P90X is an amazing workout. I'm on round 2 as I had to stop it the first time around week 9 due to injury, unrelated to the program. The weight isn't peeling off by I'm leaner and just so much stronger.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    SWEET! I'm starting Power 90 on Oct. 1 and planning to do P90X with my hubby on his second round in Jan. I'm going to friend request you :)
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    love it :love: just keep pushing play :drinker: 6 week here
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! You're gonna love it.
  • VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me too. I am following the lean program this time around. I have a baby belly to get rid of so core synergistics is a great workout for me. I had tried the program back in January but the timing just wasn't right (the baby was still too young to have a normal schedule). Now that she is over a year, all of the kids are now on a more consistent schedule so I can plan around that to fit in my workouts. For me it is going to be Mon, Wed, and Fri mornings around 6:30am, Tuesday during the girls nap time around 1pm and Thursday evenings. Saturdays will be flexible and Sunday is my rest day. I felt good after my workout this morning. I can't believe I am saying this because I definately did not feel this way a couple of years ago but, I love lunges and there are lots of them in the core synergistics DVD. I'm excited to try the cardio X tomorrow. I will touch base again when I finish it.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    P90X is great. I've always liked working out, but my wife couldn't handle the gym. She loved P90X because it told you exactly what to do. She could thrive with the structure. My body reacted really well to the program, but I'm happy to be working out in a gym again, as I couldn't afford to have all the weights I really needed for P90X. I just couldn't justify paying hundreds of dollars for weights to use at home when my gym membership is only $10/month and I get access to thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

I have, however, used the lessons I learned in P90X in my gym workouts. I stretch now. A LOT. My flexability went through the roof on P90X, and I don't want to lose it. I also learned the benefits of using lots of different exercises.
  • VanessaC
    Options
    Day 3 today. I just did shoulders and arms. Great workout!!! Loved it!!! Can't wait for next week!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    about to hit arx this morning
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys. Day 3! Did shoulders and arms this morning at 5:30 am. I'll have to do ARX tonight. I ran out of time before I had to get the little ones moving. The first few days are always the hardest for me to stay motivated but after that it becomes a habit (the getting up part is the worst). I haven't really had to push myself too hard this time (willpower to push play wise, I've definately been pushing hard workout wise) - I am really motivated to make some changes this go around. I didn't quite realize how out of shape I was though...wow, I'm sore :)
  • skydiveskier
    Options
    Congrats on starting back up. Accountability is super important for an intense program like this. Some people find that inside their homes with people working out with them but some don't. Accountability might be the deciding factor in someone finishing the program and getting into the best shape of their life, or quitting after a week or two from failure of recognition.

I offer accountability to anyone who is interested. I have a website dedicated to Fitness and Nutrition through P90X and other similar programs. I've got two 'Success Stories' so far and am looking for more people willing to put their names / progress on the internet for people to see at any given time.

If anyone out there reading this wants to be apart of my site and have a 6 time P90X graduate in myself looking out for your interests in fitness and nutrition. Visit my site, check it out, and contact me. Let the journey begin!
  • VanessaC
    Options
    It's been awhile since my last check in but I have been keeping up with the workouts. Just finished legs and back with ab ripper X this morning. Feeling pretty tired but breakfast should help some with that. I am loving most of the workouts with the exception of Ab Ripper X but even that is getting a little bit better after just under 2 weeks of the program.