An eating plan that will get me off my plateau!!

Options
I want to start a meal plan tomorrow, August 1st along with a workout plan. My workout plan is to workour twice daily Tuesday thru Saturday. So that's about ten workouts. In YOUR opinion, list four or five groups of foods that I should avoid for the next month. Thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I want to start a meal plan tomorrow, August 1st along with a workout plan. My workout plan is to workour twice daily Tuesday thru Saturday. So that's about ten workouts. In YOUR opinion, list four or five groups of foods that I should avoid for the next month. Thanks

Why do you plan to workout 2x a day (also for how long) and there is no reason to avoid any food groups (unless you have a medical issue). BTW, why is your account set to 1050 calories? That is probably the cause of your plateau.
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Since you asked for opinion, my personal opinion is to not avoid anything. Just stay within your daily allowance and pay attention to your macros (protein, carbs, fat, sugar, etc) to make sure you dont go over in those areas as well.

That's just my opinion though. I am a firm believer in not depriving my body of anything, eat what I want as long as I log it accurately and it fits into my allowance.
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Why do you plan to workout 2x a day (also for how long) and there is no reason to avoid any food groups (unless you have a medical issue). BTW, why is your account set to 1050 calories? That is probably the cause of your plateau.

^^^ This too. I didnt notice that your calories were set so low.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I would say minimize non real food,
    avoid HCFS,
    eat low sugar fruits instead of high sugar fruits like grapes,
    avoid chemical sugar substantiates
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I would say minimize non real food,
    avoid HCFS,
    eat low sugar fruits instead of high sugar fruits like grapes,
    avoid chemical sugar substantiates

Cutting these will not improve weight loss and is unnecessary. See my diary for proof.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

^This.
  • pratimaram
    pratimaram Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had set it that low. But I never really stuck to it ... :(

I just wanted to see if there wre any general group that anyone avoided completely at least initially to trigger additional weight loss.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to be tracking your food here. I understand, a lot of my days are only half-filled, too. But I'm tracking at home even when I don't log it.

Are you keeping track of your intake or just guessing? Unless you know how much you're actually eating cutting out food groups won't do you any good. Weight loss is all about making sure you have an appropriate calorie deficit (not too big, not too small).
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend cutting out any particular foods or food groups. You don't need"extra" or "additional" weight loss, or to kick start anything, You just need to consistently eat at a calorie deficit. If you only have about 13 lbs to lose, then that deficit should be a small one. Two workouts a day isn't necessary, and could put you at risk of injury and/or burnout, and if you don't eat enough to support all that activity, you also risk losing a lot of lean mass (ie. not fat).

Try tracking all your food, being as accurate as you can with weighing and measuring it, and maintaining a small calorie deficit for at least a number of weeks before declaring yourself on a plateau. Exercise is good, but don't overdo it out of desperation to drop weight fast.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    avoid processed food and make sure you track everything you put in your mouth - everything, measure/weigh. 1050 isn't high enough for calories if you plan to workout that much either, even if you don't workout that much you should try increasing your calories to something more managable - give it a couple weeks I bet you'll lose!.
    Mostly If it comes in a package or has a commercial - don't eat it.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I had set it that low. But I never really stuck to it ... :(

I just wanted to see if there wre any general group that anyone avoided completely at least initially to trigger additional weight loss.

If anything set a moderate deficit (1/2 - 1 lb per week) and do a combination of heavy weight training and some cardio.