Need a little help (mid rift weight)

Options
Ok Guys/Girls need a little help here.

I have been working out steadily and managing my food well for the past 6 months. I have lost a total of 31 lbs now and am hovering just over 16 stone. (A little background) I am working out 6 times a week now. about 150 sets of weights coupled with 15mins cross trainer 6 times a week burning off an additional 70 Calories approx. ( i am building up the cross trainer time for a target of 30 min's with 150 calories. I am eating between 1400 and 1600 calories a day max.

I HAVE HIT A WALL!

Cant seem to lose any further weight and i am especially struggling with my midriff. ((stomach and hips) My legs and arms look as good as they used to when playing rugby semi-professional in my teens. Any one got any suggestions? Simply couple of exercises i can add in etc?

Any construction advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards AD

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    So you do 15 minutes of cardio? That isn't very much, which would explain your stalled progress. Try increasing it.
    Remember that it isn't possible to choose which part of your body fat is burned from.
  • ArnDog1941
    Options
    Yes it is 15 min's of Cardio but on top level of the cross trainer . If i work the cross trainer any harder it will fall apart lol I also walk approximately 3 miles per day.

I am aiming to get my cardio up to 30 min's 6 times a week over the next two weeks. How much cardio is class a reasonable tho?
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you cannot target where fat loss happens through exercise. If you want to lose additional fat in your stomach area you need to continue burning more calories than you consume and that stubborn fat will eventually go away (often the last place people lose fat).

I don't have a lot of advice on how to overcome a plateau other than to cut back on your calories another 100 calories a week and see if that helps. Some will suggest taking a week off of the "diet" for a week and then getting back into it. Generally though, you just need to keep with it.

Great job on the weight loss so far!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    30 minutes should be fine, if you work up to it gradually. You can split it into two 15 minute sessions done at different times.