Plus size work out gear

Options
Anyone know any websites to buy decent work out gear for plus sizes? I hate working out in t-shirts but the selection of plus size clothes in this area is very limited. Mainly looking for racerback shirts and sports bras

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    lanebryant.com, jms.com, walmart.com, target.com, macys.com
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Target both go up to, I believe, XXL.

Athleta has good qualify stuff but only goes up to 16.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has some decent stuff but their focus tends to be more on looks than function. I heard someone mention movingcomfort.com but haven't tried it yet. They seem more focused on functional clothing that does also look good.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has some decent stuff but their focus tends to be more on looks than function. I heard someone mention movingcomfort.com but haven't tried it yet. They seem more focused on functional clothing that does also look good.

I just ordered a bra from moving comfort to try!

Also, Lane bryant has a new line of fitness clothing that fits nice on me - and I'm a 18-20. Not sure if I would recommend their sport bra line though - depends on which brand is making them.
  • beccalabgal
    beccalabgal Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has sports bras and tanks, up to 4X. I've never tried them, though. . . I have Danskin sports bras from Walmart, both the light and high impact ones. The higher impact ones are good, they help keep everything in while I'm jumping around, and they are pretty affordable. :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I like the Danskin pants from Walmart and the T-shirts from Target. I wear Old Navy tank tops under my T-shirts because I am a total sweaty Betty. I wish I could find a really good sports bra, I have to wear a regular bra AND a sports bra :-/ I am going to check out Moving Comfort!
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I really like under armor sports bras. And old navy actually has a plus size line of active wear.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Junonia.com specializes in plus-size activewear.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think Old Navy's workout line is surprisingly good, especially for the price. JCP's line is is less "wicking" and more "wearing a big plastic bag full of sweat" so I'm not a fan, but I don't know, maybe that's what some people are looking for. Anyway, both of those go up to reasonably plus sizes and you can get them online.

I really wish Sarah Robles *would* come out with a workout line. I spent way too long in yucky oversized t-shirts before discovering the joy of nice gym clothes; they really do make a difference and they should be available for every size.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has active wear up to size 30. I wear size 4 and buy the Old Navy brand, and the quality has been decent.

They are having a sale today, if you type in the code "Wednesday" you'll get 25% off your purchase. I love a good sale!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    JCP.com and Oldnavy.com, most of my workout gear is from Old Navy and I have no complaints - online they have some items in petites. Having to hem workout pants sort of sucks!

I workout just about everyday and I have had no quality issues.
  • lindseyvitek
    Options
    I just bought some tanks and racerback sports bras from walmart for cheap!!! Tanks were on sale $3.00 and 3 sports bras for $9.95
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    Hands down Moving Comfort sports bras are the BEST EVER! I have the Fiona and the Juno and I love them both. Excellent for large chested women.

Clothing, I like Old Navy for most everything, but Kohns has some really nice Fila running shorts in plus sizes.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    checked out all of those suggested, and could only find something at old navy, sure hope they are decent quality because I got some big ole boobs to contain

movingcomfort doesn't have sizes big enough (yes, I am that big)

junonia, lack of nice colors available and styles (I keep saying I need to start a plus size bra company because none of the current ones really have good quality, cute colors and styles)

Oh, and I had already bought some from JCP and it turned out they were too small (even though I followed the dang size chart)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Also, Lane bryant has a new line of fitness clothing that fits nice on me - and I'm a 18-20. Not sure if I would recommend their sport bra line though - depends on which brand is making them.

I'm a 40H and lane Bryant actually came out with THE BEST sports bra I've ever had! It's the front closure sports bra and I got it in a 40G (one cup size down) and it fits PERFECTLY and the girls are nice and snug and SEPRATED! No uni-boob here! Lol

Also- I really love Old Navy's active wear line and it's fairly inexpensive! (Size 16/18 here!)
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

I'm a 40H and lane Bryant actually came out with THE BEST sports bra I've ever had! It's the front closure sports bra and I got it in a 40G (one cup size down) and it fits PERFECTLY and the girls are nice and snug and SEPRATED! No uni-boob here! Lol

Also- I really love Old Navy's active wear line and it's fairly inexpensive! (Size 16/18 here!)

PS- Every other sports bra I've ver tried from LB has been awful! So I was really surprised at how awesome this one is! AND how fantastic my boobs look in it! Lol
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I was at Kohls a couple of weeks ago looking for clearence workout pants and was surprised to find that they now have plus-size workout clothes. They definitely didn't have them when I was plus size.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I found out yesterday when shopping for my son that Nike.com has a plus size line... not a large amount of items but they do have racerback tanks, shorts, capris and pants. They call it "extended size" and it runs 1X to 3X. They also carry some items up to XXL.

I have purchased several sports bras from LB (Cacique line) and they are the best so far... underwire back closure that keep the girls in check whether I'm running, crawling through mud or jumping! I tried the Juno from Moving Comfort but it still left me feeling like I had a uniboob... not a good look or feeling.

Old Navy (as others have posted) does have a decent line of plus size workout clothes plus many of them are cute to boot!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    If you are cycling, Terry bikes offers beautiful cycling jerseys and cycling knickers, capris and compression shorts.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'll add in here on the sports bras..I wear a 42G bra...so most places will not carry anything I can fit. I get my bras at lane bryant but I'm not willing to pay the lane bryant price for some work out clothes.