non-scale victory. I was picked up. ;n)

Options
LOL It's not as swanky as it probably sounds in the title. But it's still quite a victory!

This weekend, I was talking to my husband wihle I was laying on the bed and he was standing up. He said, "Man, you're so TINY now!" And he swooped down and grabbed me, and picked me up, bride-over-the-threshhold style. Then he curled me a couple of times.

He hasn't even tried to do that in several years. :smile:

I had him go grab me a 30 lb and a 20 lb weight, and I laid them on my belly (because that's almost what I've lost) and he couldn't do it. :smile:

I guess 50 lbs (okay *almost* 50) really is a lot of weight!

Replies

• nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.
  • carlita231
    Options
    That is awesome! You are doing an incredible job! Keep up the great work! :-)
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!!
  • iluv70s
    iluv70s Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Moments like that are so much better than a number on the scale!! Congratulations!!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you. Great job.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!!! Thinking about it.... 50lbs is waaaayyyyyy lighter to pick up!!!! (I'd still break my hubbies back!!!!) :wink:
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    cute! that is a lot of weight :)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! :bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Whoooohoo!! Wonderful!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet!! You are doing great!!! Keep it up!! :smile:
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How cool is that!!! :flowerforyou:

Kim
  • giggles29169
    giggles29169 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you...My goal right now is to lose a Nathan. (He's my son almost 3yrs old and weighs about 40lbs right now)...
    I'm that and then some heavier than my hubby and he doesn't seem to understand why its so important to me to lose this weight. I made him carry Nathan Saturday to give him an example of how it feels to have this extra load, after an hour he was complaining his legs hurt, his arms hurt, he couldn't do it anymore...I invited him to think about that next time he wasn't being supportive...we will see if it made an impression or not...
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Awwwww that is so sweet!! Congrats...
  • TXmama
    Options
    Whoo-hooo!!! Fantastic! Also I really like the thought of holding onto physical weights to symbolize how much you've lost -- it REALLY must make an impact to be able to hold something that heavy and realize that you used to carry that around with you ALL THE TIME. Now that I think about it... I've actually lost as much as my 1-year old weighs now! I've lost a whole (small) person! :)
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, congratulations, thats awesome
    \
    Hey, next time your in the store , pick up a 20 lb bag of beans or flour...........some markets carry larger bags, esp for people who have huge families and are on budgets, etc

Even if youve lost 20 lbs, try picking up a bag of beans or what ever and then think that your poor joints, ankles, knees, cartlidges, that have had to carry all the extra weight..........boy, dont you know that your knees are so appreciative to you, for your weight loss

Keep going, we re all rooting for you........Lllooyd
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    So sweet! This story really made me smile :)
    Congrats to you Sweetie!
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What a great story, put a big smile on my face! Thanks for sharing.
  • hmlayman
    Options
    Aw... that's very sweet. Keep up the good job girlfriend! I can't wait to get there!
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    That has to be a GREAT feeling!!! Good Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!