I thought I was getting fitter until...

Options
I invited Jillian Michaels into my life! Oh my life, second day of the 30ds and I am shouting no at the tv screen! Those sideways lunges are horrendous. Please tell me it gets easier!

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Ive never done 30DS, but a couple things.

1. You are getting fitter.
    2. We should constantly try to push ourselves. We won't meet our fitness goals unless we put the WORK in work out.
    3. If exercise is easy, it wouldn't be exercise :)
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It gets easier, faster than you think it will. I tried level 1 of the 30DS and it seemed like a nice warmup, but a year ago I'm sure I couldn't have even finished it.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I tried fitness blender from youtube, standing ab workout and almost threw up. It was so hard!

Yup, gotta keep challenging ourselves.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It does get easier because yes, you are getting more fit and strong each day. I'm nearing the end of my 30DS regime and I can tell that while it may not be easy yet it certainly is better than the first week. :) Stop stressing!
  • cartoontree
    Options
    It gets easier, faster than you think it will. I tried level 1 of the 30DS and it seemed like a nice warmup, but a year ago I'm sure I couldn't have even finished it.

Sounds good! I will definitely know I have achieved something if it gets easier! It scares me but excites me for the next levels!
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Proud of you! It's good to change it up because even world class athletes find it hard to do some of the things that they don't train for consistently
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If it gets easier, you should be doing more difficult work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Those sideway lunges started causing knee problems that I'd had long ago to come back. But in general I love 30DS.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    If it gets easier, you should be doing more difficult work.

^ this.

you're basically doing a mix of cardio and calisthenics with 30DS, right?

it'll eventually get easy and you won't make any more progress.

pick up and put down heavy things. you'll build muscle. that'll make you more fit. that'll strengthen your bones. that'll increase your BMR. and you won't accidentally get bulky either.

:)
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I promise it gets easier. I'm on day 3 of level 3 and I would love to be back on 1 or 2 rather than 3. I'm sure once this level is over it won't seem like it was that bad.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Those sideway lunges started causing knee problems that I'd had long ago to come back. But in general I love 30DS.

yea i keep coming back to it then thiking, why do my knees hurt, Ohhhhhh.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    The only time I sprained my back in 3 years of exercising is when I did 30DS. I work out 6 days a week 2-3 hours burning around 700-1300 HRM calories per day. I am not a sissy kind of girl and I train pretty hard sometimes.
    I don't know if I did something wrong in the routine but I was out of the gym for almost a week from her. haha!:grumble: The sprain got so bad I had to go get muscle relaxers from my doctor because I couldn't even take a breath without a sharp pain going around my side into my back. Thats the last time Jillian and I had a workout together :noway:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    lol i'm on week 4 phase one of j m body revolution. she scary she threatens body harm if you don't go hard. lol shes a tough gale but the best motivator and trainer. on the dvd your doing i made it to day six level one until i got side tracked. so keep it up
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    It TOTALLY gets easier. Just stick with it! By Day 4 I thought I was going to die and then on Day 6 it was like my body decided "oh this isn't all that hard" and it was so much easier! I'm on Day 9 Level 2 and when I started Level 2 I cussed her out and yelled obscenities the whole time. Now I just breeze through it and am feeling much better about moving on to Level 3!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! DON'T GIVE UP! :-)
  • cartoontree
    Options
    It TOTALLY gets easier. Just stick with it! By Day 4 I thought I was going to die and then on Day 6 it was like my body decided "oh this isn't all that hard" and it was so much easier! I'm on Day 9 Level 2 and when I started Level 2 I cussed her out and yelled obscenities the whole time. Now I just breeze through it and am feeling much better about moving on to Level 3!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! DON'T GIVE UP! :-)

Haha brilliant! I keep shouting at her because it makes it more fun! Not sure what my uni housemates will think when they return from their holidays hahah!
  • syedsaad
    syedsaad Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i DID till day 9 level one and then knee problem .... it took me almost 2 weeks to recover .... but planning to start it again soon