Back at it!

Options
Hi guys! :)

I have been signed onto mfp for years now, each weight loss start with a new username. First time, lost about 60 lbs (woo!).
since then though, I have went from 175 to 270 lbs :( FML. I have met an amazing man, got married a month ago, moved out from under my father's control and am finally content with where I am, except for the weight.
The hubby and I have started to go to the gym, eat right, but it gets difficult. The chocolate calls my name I tell ya! lol

Anywhoooo, back at it. Yesterday went hard and burned 1250 calories at the gym. That was big for me, but when I saw no change on the scale, blah. and I know, nothing will come after one good day. So today, haven't been eating anything unhealthy, and gym later tonight.
Need some friends looking to lose a good chunk of weight..my focus is on losing weight before all the muscle gain.

Feels great to be back so far! :) Let's keep eachother motivated!

Replies

• luvchele21
    luvchele21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sooooooo know what you mean about the chocolate calling your name!!!! I'm a big chocoholic!! I have been on and off here for a couple years too. This is my 2nd week back at it. I have started the gym too ...but cutting out chocolate is a struggle!!!
  • khalikhoopri
    khalikhoopri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    We have a similar story it seems :). We got married a little shy of 2 years now and I have started gaining weight post wedding (due to an injury). However, post physio I am trying to put in a lot of effort in being healthier and my most amazing hubby is helping me in all the possible ways. We both are going to gym almost everyday. I have also been burning 1000+ calories at the gym lately and for one week I saw only 0.5 lb weight loss :( but I hopped on the scale today and found myself 13.6 lbs lighter in a littler over 2 weeks!! Feel free to add me!
    Cheers,
  • khalikhoopri
    Options
    p.s I do love chocolate to death too :). I found though that dark chocolate is not only full of chocolate (vs sugar), has way more flavour (at least for me :) (my hubby thinks otherwise))...and less calories!! You may want to try that :)
  • strama00
    strama00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband has a bit too lose as well, and we are just trying to push eachother as much as possible. I love cooking, and I love finding healthier alternatives to all the junk food. We started about like 2 weeks ago, but I somehow was just not mentally in it. I'd burn off the calories than eat back twice as much after. Since yesterday, I feel back in the zone! :)
    What is your weight loss goal?
  • strama00
    Options
    I started 2 weeks ago, but I wasn't in it. Yesterday, when I ran and ran (granted, on the elliptical) I felt great, and back into it mentally. So excited to go to the gym later tonight as well :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i just ate a chocolate pastry crisps from special K for the first time and let me tell you i was thinking wow someone who likes chocolate would love this. too much chocolate for me in fact. i prefer the strawberry ones. but for 100 calories, you cant go wrong!
  • khalikhoopri
    Options
    I just sent you a message with all these details and saw your post :)
    Check it out!

My husband has a bit too lose as well, and we are just trying to push eachother as much as possible. I love cooking, and I love finding healthier alternatives to all the junk food. We started about like 2 weeks ago, but I somehow was just not mentally in it. I'd burn off the calories than eat back twice as much after. Since yesterday, I feel back in the zone! :)
    What is your weight loss goal?
  • strama00
    Options
    i just ate a chocolate pastry crisps from special K for the first time and let me tell you i was thinking wow someone who likes chocolate would love this. too much chocolate for me in fact. i prefer the strawberry ones. but for 100 calories, you cant go wrong!

I purchased a huge box of special k strawberry bars. My local big lots had them on sale for 5 bucks, couldn't turn it down and they are delicious!