Indoors cardoivascular excercises?

Options
Last week i didn't exercised at all and gained a kilo. It was mostly because the rain and the inclement sun that goes on here didn't let me go out and enjoy a walk. I'm not a member of any gym and i don't own any equipment. Can you suggest a type of cardiovascular excercise that i can do at home?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks, Jump Rope ect use your own body weight to get the HR up check out some things online you might be able to find something to help
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    There are so many! Depending on your budget - I do Wii Fit Plus free run, free step, boxing, etc. There are lots of GREAT DVD's too. Some on eBay and Amazon. Zumba is great (I take a class and do not yet have the DVD). Lot's of people here like the Biggest Loser DVD's too. Just running up and down stairs is great exercise - or calesthenics like jumping jacks. Good luck!
  • beka2699
    beka2699 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My local cable company has "on demand". There is a section called sports and fittness. Under fitness there is a ton of FREE work out videos. Love em!!!!
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Dance! I put on pandora online radio and dance around. And when I don't want to dance anymore, I'll just run around in circles in my bedroom -- sometimes I'll run in figure 8's or in different patterns so I don't get bored.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    Dance! I put on pandora online radio and dance around. And when I don't want to dance anymore, I'll just run around in circles in my bedroom -- sometimes I'll run in figure 8's or in different patterns so I don't get bored.

Ha! That's sounds like a LOT of fun!!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Zumba DVDs, Biggest Loser DVDS, Pilates DVDs...

Switch it up. I find the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD very effective.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansones walking DVD's, all done indoors!
  • CarolynnW
    CarolynnW Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can do on demand and pull up almost any type of indoor excercise you'd like. I highly recommend Walk Away The Pounds dvd's by Leslie Sansone.
  • amandaf7
    Options
    Try the website exercisetv.tv-it has lots of free videos that you can watch online!
  • ashleyinthestars
    ashleyinthestars Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend checking to see if your cable company offers ON DEMAND and using Leslie Sanson walking DVDs (I own the walking bootcamp and the 5 mile fat burner...both purchased at Walmart). Like you, I don't have a gym membership, or much equipment, but I've had great success in my living room :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I have never been a member of a gym.
    And I live in Wisconsin, so I need to be able to do indoor exercising.
    I love the Jillian Michaels DVD's - No More trouble Zones, Yoga Melt Down, 30 Shred, Burn Fat. They are $10 each and can be found at Walmart or on line at amazon.com
    For some of them you'll need a mat, 3 lb hand weights. But that's it.
    They have worked for me! I love them!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Comcast has OnDemand and so does AT&T you can pull up exercise programs there.

Also if you have stairs, you can just use the bottom step and step up and down doing step ups, as many as you can in 1 minute.

A Stability ball costs like $10 @ Walmart and can be used for numerous of things.. plus it comes with a workout DVD.