30 day shred! does it work??

Options
tasha9320
tasha9320 Posts: 10 Member
Hi, i am trying to lose weight but ive tried everything, diet pills, diet shakes and to be honest not really working, ive put a lot of weight on in the past 2 years, im almost 15 stone so i want to try the 30day shred dvd but does it really work ??? dont really want to waste more money on things that dont work

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works is a caloric deficit, exercise just creates a larger deficit.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    30 days isn't very long to notice a miracle. We are talking about a long-lasting solution not a simple yo-yo plan. A 30day shred (whatever this so called shred is) may help you get started but ultimately your eating habits will de the deciding factor in your successful, or not, weight loss.
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and doing 30 day shred will work! It is posted on youtube for free, too!
  • AnotherHolly
    Options
    It will help if you're willing to put in the effort!
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    The 30 day shred has helped me with toning, especially with my arms and legs. I lost about 5 pounds on it too. I also lowered my calorie intake and did other activities during the week like walking. For a while my body hasn't been losing scale weight, it's losing inches but it's probably different for everyone. I have been alternating several Jillian Micheal's dvds since May and I have to say out of all the workout dvd's I have tried, hers have worked the best. If you like kickboxing, her kickbox fastfix is my favorite of her dvds. It's an exhausting workout but it's only 20 minutes just like the shred.
  • JodiMMitchell
    JodiMMitchell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Jillian kicks your butt. But it's 80 percent eating and 20 percent exercise.
  • lizbeths88
    lizbeths88 Posts: 19
    Options
    if you do it everyday it might. Just search on here there's ton of success stories about it. I am doing it and I try to do it everyday but it doesn't always happen I like that its only 27 minutes. If you use MFP and the video you will see a change but its just the beginning. Oh and don't forget to take measurements because you might not see much change in the scale.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy and doing 30 day shred will work! It is posted on youtube for free, too!

^THIS^

I swapped 45min cardio & weight work outs 5 x a week at the gym for doing JM workouts, starting with the 30DS.
    Look it up on Youtube and try it out!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of threads on the boards of success stories doing the shred, just do a search for "30 day shred results" or "30ds results". As previously stated, it is not a miracle, but it is a good workout. I'm just about half way through and have lost ~5lbs so far. That's actually more than I expected given the amount of muscle I expected to develop. Average weight loss throughout the shred is anywhere from 3-15 lbs depending on what people weighed, what they ate, and how much effort they put in to it.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    if you do it everyday it might. Just search on here there's ton of success stories about it. I am doing it and I try to do it everyday but it doesn't always happen I like that its only 27 minutes. If you use MFP and the video you will see a change but its just the beginning. Oh and don't forget to take measurements because you might not see much change in the scale.
    I am doing the 30 day shred right now and I think the same thing its only 27 mins but then I sweat so much I have to shower afterwards. but so far this time is i am doing good. I am excited to reach the end this time.
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works is a caloric deficit, exercise just creates a larger deficit.

^^ this right here, I can attest to that. I did barely any cardio to reach my current physique.

May to Current, 172 to 163, lost an average of 1lb of weight per week while keeping most of my lean body mass.

Also this goes for everyone, if you cut with more than 500 below your maintenance you risk losing some of that hard earned muscle.
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred! It's really quick, only 20 minutes a day, but its way more effective than just going through the motions at the gym and doing the same old routine. The exercise moves in the DVD work all of your muscles: shoulders, chest, abs, quads, hamstrings, inner/outer thighs, even calf muscles. And it is CHALLENGING!! You know what they say, if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!
    I'm almost to Day 15, and I've noticed my thighs are slimmer and my arms have more definition.
    If you want to get sweaty, then DEFINITELY do the 30DS. The other night I was so sweaty I was sliding around on the floor, trying to get back up! Lol! Sweat is fat crying, though, so it's awesome!
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Yes! Abs are made in the kitchen more than the gym! You have to feed your muscles good stuff and fuel your fat-burning metabolism!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Yes. If you can get past Jillian Michaels' annoying personality, it's actually an awesome work out. And once you get accustomed to the circuit, my DVD lets you turn off her voice and just hear music while you do it! Win-win!
  • alyssaruns88
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred! It will definitely work as long as you have a healthy diet on top of it!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

Yes! Abs are made in the kitchen more than the gym! You have to feed your muscles good stuff and fuel your fat-burning metabolism!

^^^ I agree with all of the above.
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yes!!
  • S_Beaver
    Options
    Does anyone have the 30 day shred for the WII?
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    yes, I was at a stand still after my first 10lbs 30 day shred got me back to dropping pounds plus my abs are back!
  • IWillBeSlim35
    IWillBeSlim35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it works haven't tried it, but defo gonna get it and give it a go it can only do more good than harm surely?
    Good luck with it. I'll look out for your results.