Over on Macros under on Calories

Options
I'm having a hard time hitting my calories and hitting my macros without going over.

I am not going crazy insane over on them but I still question if I what I am doing is right or wrong.

Any input would be great, I have adjusted my macros on here manually and feel good about them and am comfortable with them staying there.

Replies

• db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What's the problem with going over? I looked at your diary, and you are always within a few grams of everything. I don't see a problem in going over protein or fiber.
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    What's the problem with going over? I looked at your diary, and you are always within a few grams of everything. I don't see a problem in going over protein or fiber.

It's the fact that I'm not hitting my calories, I know its only a couple but I don't know, just looks weird to me that I'm over on macros and not hitting my calories..
    It sounds silly now that I look back at posting this.
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Grab a jar of your favorite peanut butter and you can hit your calories pretty exactly in no time! Good luck and bon apetit.
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    It's not silly. I think we've all been there (or most of us, at least).
    I find that I often sit there and tinker until I can get it really, really close before realizing that going over my macros isn't going to kill my progress in one day. Not even in a week of days.

When my boyfriend caught me fussing about my carbs, which are really hard for me to keep low because all my protein sources are beans, he just looked at me and said "You're still going in the right direction. Even a small step is better than keeping your feet off the floor."
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    Grab a jar of your favorite peanut butter and you can hit your calories pretty exactly in no time! Good luck and bon apetit.

Heh. This is exactly what I do when I need just a few grams more of fat with about 100 calories at the end of the night. Perfect bedtime snack.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump!