16lbs away from losing 50LBS!!!!!

Options
This time last year I had almost come to accept I was going to be over weight for the rest of my life. I've already lost 34lbs I needed some type of motivation latley to keep going. Today I had a realization, I'M ONLY 16lbs away from losing 50lbs!!!! That was the thought that has kicked me into gear again. I think it was a thought that was sent to me by God. I'm not by any means overly religious, but the thought just popped into my head out of nowhere, absoulutly nowhere. I was doing something totally mind draining at the time and there it was. "Shannon your only 16lbs away from losing 50." I feel rejuvinated and totally focused again. I would like to thank God for giving me that thought and MFP for helping me along my journey to a better healthier me.!

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the great work!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    GREAT!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Look at how far you've come already! Maybe switch the ticker to say 16lbs to go or something like that! You can do this. Imagine how cool it will be when you are in maintenance! So amazing!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How exciting to have found your focus again. And congratulations on the 34lbs you have lost. It's an amazing accomplishment.
  • Lauris83
    Options
    that was God speaking to you! :) and with him on your side, how can you fail? good job on the 34lbs! that's a lot.
  • tbear358
    tbear358 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow never thought about it that way! I'm 12 pounds away from losing 50 pounds and coincidentally, my goal weight! :) Thanks for that incredible reminder!
  • bebby
    bebby Posts: 18
    Options
    I haven't really thought about my weight loss in that way ... and you're right. It's very motivating! Thank you! And congratulations on your weight loss thus far!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep up the very good work. You're not far away! It's just around the corner!

I never realized how many calories were in the food I was eating until I found out about this website. I could've done this all on the computer or paper myself but this is so much easier! I am a little strange in away because I can't eat anything without bounding in to go enter it here.

Somehow after all these years a switch clicked. I was trying another diet through my doctor but was getting physically ill from all those shakes are 3 to 4 days. I don't even remember the last time I felt that bad from an illness let alone a shake. But anyway, I had already learned what to eat for dinner by that point. And I just adopted that to the other meals of the day. I still have room to grow as in getting everything broken into 5 even meals but I've definitely mastered staying under my calorie goal.

I add about 60 minutes per day 4 to 5 days a week on an elliptical cross-trainer at the Y. I go as fast as I can. It looks like I'm running full speed. I've even had people stop me and ask me how many calories I'm burning. I admit I've become addicted to exercise as much as My Fitness Pal. The two go hand and hand. (I set my calorie goal between 1200 and 1500) I started June 30th, 2010. I did literally change my lifestyle here. I skip fast food completely outside sub shops. I drink water 99.99% of the time. (Alot of it) 41 lbs lost, 101 lbs to go. Not going back to the old ways again. And just wish I'd learned this "click" 10 or 15 years ago.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!