Support and strength

Options
I have been losing my motivation so badly. Few months ago I was at my lowest of 148lbs, then without changing anything I started gaining back. So I'd try to change, try to do it on my on, back to trying to record and still having changed and I kept gaining. Am now back to 160lbs and feel disgusting. I want, by the end of August (or sooner)to be down to 145lbs, but I don't know what to do to kick start this goal, and keep the momentum going.
I need suggestions of a workout routine or ideas, and simple meals for through out the day. As it stands right now all I am able to get in for exercise is my 20 odd min walk to work, and then my day at work.
As for meals, I always have a bowl of mini wheats in the morning, lunch time i mix in some greek yogurt, black plum, sometimes a sliced turkey sandwich, and chocolate covered pretzels from thinsations. As for dinner thats where I need the most help with simple ideas. I have dinner with my folks and they aren't health conscious, they also eat at 7pm or later...
I need this to change and change now! I own a mini stepper and ab roller, but don't use them and don't even know for sure if it would work much. I've thought of joining a gym and going after work everyday, but is it worth the investment of money??
Please I'm crying out for help :(

Replies

• itsscottwilder
    Options
    Is there a chance you're eating too little and your body is trying to store up the calories.

That seems to be a pretty common practice among women on MFP.

Is your calorie intake somewhere around your BMR? Or higher or lower?
  • BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    No I doubt that I am eating too little. I'm usually around 1600 cals a day.
    As for the BMR, Ive never really understood how to figure that out.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    What your height, weight and age?

(all the things a guy is never supposed to ask a woman)
  • BrieGoorts
    Options
    What your height, weight and age?

(all the things a guy is never supposed to ask a woman)

On a weight loss site, when asking for help. A guy is totally allowed to ask haha
    I'm 26, 5'6" and 160lbs
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    So if you sat around and did nothing you would burn about 1500-1600 calories a day.

So if you're eating 1600, then you're right in the zone with food.

The easy thing to try is maybe to try to consistently be around 1500 calories a day.

Any chance of upping the walk from 20 to 30 minutes? 5 minute walk 2 minute jog, rinse, repeat.

Do you have one of those walking trails where you walk and then stop to do some sort of activity. The body adapts to routine.

How about replacing walking with weight training. Tone up and burn fat at the same time.
  • BrieGoorts
    Options
    The path I take to work, is straightforward and along the road.
    But there is a walking trail nearby to me that has some good areas, so maybe I should try that. And I do have ankle weights, should I try wearing those every second day or so?