Turkey Burgers??

Options
stinamarie17
stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
Hey all, so i've just started getting into turkey burgers, and i'm looking for new ways to fix em up... here's what i've tried so far:
1. Ground turkey meat, mixed with finely chopped onion, worchestershire (or whatever) sauce, a bit of barbecue sauce, salt and pepper.. cooked on the GF and topped with a bit more barbecue sauce. Served on a toasted orowheat sandwich thin with fresh baby spinach.
2. Ground turkey meat mixed with that 'W' sauce, hamburger seasoning, and grated apple to keep it moist. Cooked and topped with a bit of BBQ sauce (BTW Stubb's hickory bourbon BBQ sauce tastes amazing and is only 23 calories per TBSP).

Anyone have some suggestions for how else to spruce these guys up? What are your favorite turkey burger recipes??? I'm pretty much open to try anything except for mushrooms... bleh. LOL

Replies

• amyaguilar79
    Options
    My Family loves turkey burgers. I dice up an onion, and throw in a can of green chiles. They are so good.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try using Shallots and if your feeling good about this, sweat the shallot in olive oil and then reduce with white wine!

Shallots and Wine make everything better!

** also a little bread with some milk to form a paste forms a panade will keep it more moist and loosen up the leaner meats
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It took me a minute to figure out that GF stands for George Foreman, and for a second I thought you had a particularly talented girlfriend (and/or a really interesting paraphilia).

So, ideas...

- Sliced jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, and a bit of Greek yogurt mixed with your favorite hot sauce

- A fried egg

- Add some breadcrumbs, savory spices, and craisins to the meat for a Thanksgiving-y taste (you know, like a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich, with turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce?)
  • stinamarie17
    stinamarie17 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lol... thanks for the ideas.. my BF (yes, this one means boyfriend lol) would probably love the jalapeno and pepper jack idea.. will have to test that out on him one of these days.
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Naked turkey bruschetta burgers are amazing from skinny taste. I highly suggest putting the zucchini in them. It makes them so moist.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?updated-max=2013-07-15T11:01:00-04:00&max-results=4&start=4&by-date=false

also frank's hot sauce to make a buffalo burger
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    We've formed these into burgers from this recipe and then topped with either mango chutney or tzatziki sauce (I prefer the latter). REALLY good.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/kofta-kebabs/

EDIT: Note, the recipe says ground lamb but we use ground turkey.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I take 99% lean turkey and mix it with shredded cheese, worcestershire sauce (I call it woo woo sauce, lol), pepper, and garlic. I also cook mine on the George.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mix a little freshly shredded parmesan and romano into the meat.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Mix in one pound ground turkey--3 T bbq sauce, 2 T maple syrup, 1/4 t liquid smoke (optional). Top with a grilled pineapple slice and cheese (I like provolone).
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I go the super convenient route and buy Jennie-O :bigsmile: I just wanna throw em on my Foreman grill and EAT!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I mix in chopped kalamata olives, reduced fat feta, and fresh rosemary.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We rock the peppers, onion and kicking chicken grill mates. 99% lean. We like cibbatta buns with guacamole and a sharp cheddar :)
  • kathyvstephan
    Options
    I LOVE the Kirkland frozen turkey burgers from Costco. I put it on my mini grill and then top it with a tablespoon of Hanna Tzatziki Sauce, then eat it like steak. Simple when I'm too tired to cook, and oh so yummy.
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    We've formed these into burgers from this recipe and then topped with either mango chutney or tzatziki sauce (I prefer the latter). REALLY good.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/kofta-kebabs/

EDIT: Note, the recipe says ground lamb but we use ground turkey.

*gasp* turkey in place of lamb! SHAME! O.o

Australian Lamb > Turkey
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    mix in some salsa, onion and fresh cilantro, top with a fresh guacamole!
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love this recipe. And we've made it when we've had family/friends over and they all love it too. We usually add some turkey bacon bits as well (just couple tbs) and this is seriously delicious!

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/great-turkey-burgers.aspx
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    just invented this earlier in the week...

turkey
    almond butter
    whole wheat breadcrumbs
    soy sauce

i served this with steamed carrots and cabbage, drained, then mixed in some sesame oil.

i bet you could serve this over a good bed of lettuce with some raw carrots as well.

you also could chop up the carrots and mix them in the turkey itself (in any burger recipe). i've done that before, super easy if you buy the shredded carrots. i tend not to use egg as a binder for things like this (burgers, meatloaf, etc), but just use a good ratio of wet/dry ingredients. if you add in the carrots, you will likely need egg to make it all stick together. shredded zucchini works well in burgers too.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Grab ground turkey meat. Mix it with sea salt, black pepper, parsely. Grill them as usual. Top with pistachio butter and mix mayo / cherry preserves on the bottom. Serve on brioche.

#orgasm in your mouth
  • mmstone13
    mmstone13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Spinach burgers-

These are to die for!!! We use ground turkey in lieu of beef, and reduced fat mozza in lieu of parmesan.

http://mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/dinner-tonight-spinach-burgers.html