Any Vegans Looking for Support?

Options
I am a vegan, rubber-stamping, 39 year old single mom of 3 teenagers. If you are looking for someone with an open food diary who's on here way too much and loves giving and getting support, send me a friend request :)

Replies

• YpsiChris
    YpsiChris Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nice post - I appreciate your service to our community!
  • skayse
    skayse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan mom of 3 as well! I need a lot of support and help. I've been stuck weight wise for about 2 years and I am suspected of having hypothyroidism but haven't had the time (or money) to get the blood work done. I am a full time student, stay at home mom, and I work part time from home as a breastfeeding support counselor with WIC. I am soon to be 26 (in about 2 weeks) and I am happily married to my high school sweetheart. I would LOVE to add you as a friend (and I will do so after posting this)
  • tlgondek1
    tlgondek1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, vegan, mom to three...bunnies. Does that count? ;)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, vegan, mom to three...bunnies. Does that count? ;)

Of course! I'm also mom to a furry kitty and 4 cute rats :)
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mommy but I am a vegan (a little over 4 months into it). Howdy! ^_^
  • DallastheGemini
    DallastheGemini Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite a vegan yet but am working my way to it. Does that count? lol I've only been a vegetarian a few months now but I know it's the way of life for me. I've always hated meat, well except chicken. I loved me some chicken. Anyways, I went vegetarian over night and haven't looked back. I'd love to make some vegetarian and vegan friends here so if anyone is interested, please feel free to add me. You can't tell my by nickname thing so I thought I'd let ya know that I am a girl lol.
  • amyburns1999
    amyburns1999 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I was looking for a support group that would match and here it is. I'm a vegan mom of two boys. My youngest is 17 years old, a boxer and a vegan. He is my inspiration. He is the one that challenged me to quit coffee and soda. So I did. Then he challenged me to start walking again. So I am. I have a bit of weight to lose. It's funny too because people always say, "Wow. I thought vegans were supposed to be skinny." Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not exactly a poster child for being vegan but I want to be.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've re-embraced veganism this week for the first time in decades. Married with three kids. Two of whom live at home. My wife and kids are having a hard time with my change in diet - despite the fact that I am still cooking for them their meaty cheesy food.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • amyburns1999
    Options
    It's tough being the only vegan in the house but don't despair. When I first started I was alone, but like I said, my youngest son joined me when he saw for himself that it isn't difficult and it can be healthy. Have you tried making vegan side dishes that you can eat a bunch of and cooking them the meat on the side. Everyone wins. For instance, tonight I'm going to make tabouli salad and I'm putting the chicken on the side for my husband. Win-win. After a while it becomes normal.
  • amyburns1999
    Options
    Potato chips. My one large addiction. Chocolate? No thanks. Soda? No thanks. I love most fresh fruits and vegetables but, my love affair with the sliced and deep fried potato is out of control. Any advice?