Logging exercise advice needed!

Options
I don't typically log my cleaning, cooking, and that kind of thing as exercise (even though it's an option). But today I refinished my hardwood floor in the living room. And I feel like I worked my tush off! I made a concious effort while I was doing it to keep my core tight. Because I spent to much time working on it, I won't be able to have as much workout time. Do you think it would be fair to list it under "Vigorous Cleaning" and give myself some credit, or chalk it up as just a busy day without as much workout time? Thanks for all input!

Replies

• littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would say you could list it today....especially since you made it more work than usual.

953409.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually clean houses as a second job and I usually log it at moderate cleaning. If you were working up a sweat I would say that is vigorous. Yes give yourself some credit. If you did it everyday as your usual activity I probably would not log it.

Good Luck!
  • twinkles82
    Options
    I'd say if you worked up a sweat, it's worth listing as exercise!
  • Janny41
    Options
    Would definitely list it, that was hard work.
  • lharbolt
    Options
    I think if it's something you don't' usually do and you made such an effort to be aware of your core muscles there is no reason not to log it as exercise!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! List it!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Try this site to see how many calories you've burnt if you don't have a heart rate monitor, and then log it as your own on MFP.
    There's many activities on there such as carpentry.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    Options
    From the sounds of it...I would say log it!! I have logged mowing the lawn since it's a push mower and I get quite a workout from it, in fact, I use it AS my exercise on my "day off" just so I get some kind of activity in that day. If you're putting in enough effort to sweat, and you feel it, you should log it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yes, log it!! :bigsmile: