Looking for Motivation?

areay22
areay22 Posts: 150 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hey Everyone,

Looking for someone to keep you on track, help you set goals, need advice? Just let me know! I'd love to help you reach your goals!

Replies

• Well, I don't know what you have in mind. But I could use a swift kick in the butt!! I have been on this site for over a year and have nothing to show for it. I just can't seem to stay disciplined for some reason.
  • Me too, Areay22!! Any advice would be appreciated!! :happy:
  • me to i am trying to stay motivated but cant seem to stay focused....i could really use any advice u have...thanks
  • Count me in.
  • i could always use a little help! Im at a point now where I have approx 25 pounds to get to my goal weight and its so close I can taste it.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    I have a hard time staying motivated. Count me in.

I do know that I took a goals and goal setting class for work once. But they didn't explain how to stay motivited. But here is what they suggested (in a nutshell). first make it a goal that is attainable. You must always use specifics.. for ex. 5lbs lost by 12/22/2010 by walking 30min everyday. It must always have a date and a specific goal and how to reach that goal. You can set small goals to reach your big goals. It doesn't make it look like such a shocker. They say if you put down lose weight by walking. You don't make yourself accountable. It has too much room for interpretation.

Good Luck to you all.
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    WOW! I'm suprised with all the responses! I'm here for you, well, I wish I could be there for everyone!

First of all congrats on wanting to make the changes. Second, I know everyone here can do it. If you are looking for true motivation, you have to dedicate yourself. I'd be happy to look at any food log (kept for at least a week), workout plans, nutirtional help, etc. Need a workout idea, i have those too

YOU have to decide what you are wanting from this; healthly lifestyle, active lifestyle, bikini body, everyone is different. It's o.k. to put yourself first too! Once you put yourself first and are happy, then the rest of "life" can fall into place.

Please message me here or you can email me at angie.reay@mwsu.edu. I'd be happy to speicifically help each one of you!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    I am definately looking for motivation! I have worked hard this week, exercised nearly every day and ate within my calories and today I weigh myself and I have stayed the same! I know I don't have a great deal to lose but I get very depressed about how I look and feel very demotivated when I don't lose anything.
This discussion has been closed.