help please I want to eat everything in the house

Options
I just want to eat. I have 500 calories left over for supper and a snack but want to eat anything I can get my hands on. I have been doing so well and have been totally focused but argg today I am slowly losing the battle. I am stuck at home, my vehicle is broken so I can just get out of here.

What gets you through the rough spots?
Help me please.

Replies

• debbie1268
    Options
    go take yourself for a walk and listen to your ipod.. get your mind off of food...
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Go for a brisk walk and drink some water. That helps. Also, try cleaning something. Whenever I am bored I want to eat so if you start cleaning your house you will forget about food.
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    Drink alot of water and get sugarless gum. That will help. :)
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    go take yourself for a walk and listen to your ipod.. get your mind off of food...

Thanks. Normally I would but my little one is asleep so I am stuck in this house!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I was like that one day last week. I wanted to eat EVERYTHING! Have a tall glass of water, a piece of gum and then maybe you could try to get out for a walk? Clean the house? Do some light gardening? Play a video game? Anything to get your mind OFF food and on something fun and entertaining. Most likely you're bored and if you're like me do a lot of boredom eating.

Good Luck! Stay strong :)
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Try going for a walk or a jog or doing some form of physical activity. Not only will it give you more calories to eat but its great for your mind and body. Also I always find that I am less hungry after I work out.

953409.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ben21
    Options
    Sorry to hear your having trouble! Put it this way, Take the C off Chips and what do you get?? lol. Sorry. Anyways...I recommend that you finish your calories or leave some left and then just drink glasses of water!! Or have a few ciggies lol. Just stay focused, I know its hard as i was at a birthday party today and had to resist the cakes and chocolate but i did it because i knew that if i truly wanted to lose weight then this is what i have to do!!! Good Luck!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    maybe do an exercise video, walk in place or put on a good movie,or call a friend. You have calories left so maybe you should have some popcorn you can eat quite a bit for not alot of calories . I hope this helps
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    might sound silly, but i was like this last week. i ended up getting a really big carrot and just munching it, according to mfp it was only 30kcal but my stomach felt so full every time i thought about eating something else, i swear i felt my stomach groan lol.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that me .:sad: i stopped smoking.:smokin: now that what i want to do all the time :sick: so to help me i clean and i exercise read
  • h_eloise86
    Options
    First, I try to drink some water and then find something that can distract me.
    If that doesn't work I try to chew some cinnamon gum.
    The little spicy flavor satisfies me just enough.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else's post.

Even try brushing your teeth if you're craving something. Drink water and if after 20mins you're still hungry, then eat.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    that me .:sad: i stopped smoking.:smokin: now that what i want to do all the time :sick: so to help me i clean and i exercise read

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    I'll have to try the suggestions to chew gum. Normally I don't care for it but when I'm just sitting watching TV, I am at my weakest and eating something becomes a bad habit. I use to have another weak time... just after I got home from work and I'd munch then but I have replaced that with doing my workouts. A much better idea. You had one post that mentioned taking a walk. I ditto that.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I have an unorthodox thing I do when I really just want something, especially something sweet. I keep diet soda around. Everyone has villified diet soda, but I don't get it. It's sweet and keeps my mouth busy with absolutely nothing to add to my totals for the day except a small amount of salt. I especially like one in the evening for some reason.

I also don't get the whole anti diet soda thing because I was drinking well over 2 liters a day back when I had my big weight loss.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have an unorthodox thing I do when I really just want something, especially something sweet. I keep diet soda around. Everyone has villified diet soda, but I don't get it. It's sweet and keeps my mouth busy with absolutely nothing to add to my totals for the day except a small amount of salt. I especially like one in the evening for some reason.

I also don't get the whole anti diet soda thing because I was drinking well over 2 liters a day back when I had my big weight loss.

Diet soda is 100 percent nutrition-free, and it's just as important to actively drink the good stuff as it is to avoid that bad stuff. So one diet soda a day is fine, but if you're downing five or six cans, that means you're limiting your intake of healthful beverages, particularly water and tea.

Bottom line: Diet soda does you no good, and it might just be doing you wrong.

Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar, and some animal research has linked consumption of high amounts of the sweetener to brain tumors and lymphoma in rodents. The FDA [Food & Drug Administration] maintains that the sweetener is safe, but reported side effects include dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, memory loss, and mood changes.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    use this time to experiment on what works for you. I try making a huge green salad full of every healthy vegetable I can think of. Top it with salsa and low fat cottage cheese and chow down. Guarenteed to make you healthier and get rid of the munchies. Sometimes if it isn't real hunger then exercise will kill it. I put on the wii fit and do a 30 minute cycle around the island and try to beat previous records. Cleaning is a great way to keep you mind off things. Or a huge cup of tea. Gum. Brush, floss & mouth wash. The thing is to find something that works for you then keep the technique for next time.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options

Diet soda is 100 percent nutrition-free, and it's just as important to actively drink the good stuff as it is to avoid that bad stuff. So one diet soda a day is fine, but if you're downing five or six cans, that means you're limiting your intake of healthful beverages, particularly water and tea.

Bottom line: Diet soda does you no good, and it might just be doing you wrong.

Aspartame is 180 times sweeter than sugar, and some animal research has linked consumption of high amounts of the sweetener to brain tumors and lymphoma in rodents. The FDA maintains that the sweetener is safe, but reported side effects include dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, memory loss, and mood changes.

As you said, one a day or so. I suppose after all that water all day, it's just nice to drink something else. Sometimes in the evening it makes me a little stick just to look at a glass of water.

I used to actually be called 2 liter, because I drank so much soda that I never bothered to use a cup. It was fresca I drank back when I lost the big weight, but I agree that it doesn't help the same way some nice water can.
  • Christinecc
    Christinecc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? Or bored? Call someone, anyone, for a distraction. Drink lots of water! Maybe put some cucumber slices and Lemon in the water? Make it a little more yummy? Can you go outside into your yard? Get some fresh air?
  • catesalim
    Options
    Sit still, breathe in and out, and focus on your breath. I know that for me, when I'm in that "wanna eat everything", there is some emotion I'm not wanting to deal with. I know too that when I was home with my son when he was little, I was horribly lonely. Reaching out to others helped tremendously.

Cate