So what's with this Sugar then ? FAQ

Options

Replies

• LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Thanks for going to the trouble of looking all of that up and explaining it.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am trying to reduce added sugars greatly and keep natural sugars to a minimum, I do love fruit in the summer though!
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Great information! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • pinkdreams13
    pinkdreams13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I have been thinking about turning my sugar off as well because I get discouraged if I eat a lot of fruit in the day and I am way over. I can track the added sugars by myself as I have been able to kind of keep it under control. I think that I am going to start tracking something else like fiber. Great post!!!
  • nickijo2003
    nickijo2003 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have just joined mfp and find i am over my sugar every day and it mainly comes from fruit, milk and yoghurts, rather annoying seeing it go into the red without even a sniff of chocolate or wine
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky topic. The amount of threads about sugar right now is ridiculous
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    This should be a sticky topic. The amount of threads about sugar right now is ridiculous

Agreed, although it would be interesting to see how many threads would get started about it even if it were a stickied post. :ohwell:
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Very good post.

To this day, I haven't seen a single good reason for people to track sugar separately from carbs, for the purposes of losing fat - except for a single poster who noted that they found it easier to binge on sugar. So they avoid it since it's a trigger or psychological issue).

Sugars are carbs. Track your carbs unless you have a really good reason not to, and you probably don't, even if you have diabetes.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou: I have wondered for so long about this!
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awesome post... I track my sugar just to see which foods I need to alter.. I've gone over and managed to stay under at times. I tend to discount my intake of sugar from fruits but have removed some of my Fav daily snacks i.e. Yogurt Bites. I moved them to my "weekend treat". So I don't totally deny myself buut now make it a treat.
  • julianasalim56
    Options
    Thank's for the FAQ. I am frustrated on how to lower my sugar intake as the source is mostly from fruits & milk.
  • llstacy
    llstacy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one going over sugar. I've had a watermelon in the fridge and have been eating a little bit all week. That greatly increases my sugar intake.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    And bump again to keep in my top 25.
  • viv0147
    Options
    Thank you for the information it's been really helpful to me and I should imagine too many other people! I have been amazed regarding the added sugar in food, and I am now choosing food's with very little added sugar and some without any at all but I have been unable to keep to my target of 25 the total sugar for today is 35 but 19 of that is from fruit so from what I could understand from the information you have provided it should be okay well I have lost some weight 9.5 lbs so getting there slowly once again thank you.