Food Schedule

Options
I've read all over the place that having a regular eating schedule is great for your body's digestive system, and even though I lead a busy life, if I know when I need to eat, I'll be able to plan ahead and have that taken care of!

So, my question is: what would be an acceptable eating schedule for my day-to-day life? How do I know how long to wait between meals, and while we're on the topic, how late into the morning can I wait before it's considered "skipping breakfast"? Should it be within a half hour of waking up? An hour? Fifteen minutes? I have no idea but I have so much trouble building up an appetite in the morning so I'd love to know how much time I have!

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Some people have great success with intermittent fasting whereby all food eaten is eaten withith a 6 or eight hour period, best look it up, I'm not so great at explaining lol! Basically the expression "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" is outdated and unnecessary.
    An eating plan can only be personal to you- some people need little and often, some can survive one one big meal a day. You have to experiment to find what works for you.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different ideas on this. Your personal work schedule makes a difference. This is what I shoot for based on my job:

6:30am water and green smoothie
    7:30am tangerine and lots of water while I teach
    9:00am apple and nuts (in between classes)
    11:30am 2 eggs and 2 toast

3:00pm lunch

lemon water in between

6:00pm dinner

8:00pm light snack (cottage cheese, watermelon) and lemon water with mint and ginger
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    An eating schedule doesn't matter for metabolism function-eat when you're hungry/works for your lifestyle :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat whenever you want and what works best for you ..

meal timing has nothing to do with metabolism or digestive health..
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry, usually breakfast by 9 am, lunch by 12 pm, dinner by 4-5pm latest. Lots of snacks in between and after until about 6pm. Snacks = fruit, yoghurt, nuts etc
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about an eating schedule. Eat when you are hungry and when it's best based on what you do and where you are during the day. If you aren't hungry in the morning don't worry about breakfast provided you aren't waiting until you're starving.