Best Work Out DVDs?

Options
I'm a stay at home mom with a 10 month old baby. My work outs tend to be when she is napping in the morning (usually I have up to an hour to work out). I have a 4 Mile Walk Challenge DVD by Leslie Sansone that I am using right now. It gives me an okay work out, but I want to find something that can really get me toned overall. This one is mostly a cardio workout.

Any suggestions?

My goal is to eventually do either P90X or Insanity, but I want something to get me ready for that challenge.

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    There is a channel on youtube: BeFit - they post videos weekly. They also have lots of Jillian Michaels DVDs on there. http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit

:D
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cathe Fredrich workouts!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Do Jillian Michaels!!!! Start with 30 day shred, it is perfect
  • jennarue
    jennarue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)

I had seen the BeFit on youtube. I was looking at the Jillian videos but I could only find the first level. I do best if I have just a DVD that I can have a set program to.

For the Cathe Fredrich and Jillian Michaels workouts do you need weights or anything extra to get with the DVDs?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)

I had seen the BeFit on youtube. I was looking at the Jillian videos but I could only find the first level. I do best if I have just a DVD that I can have a set program to.

For the Cathe Fredrich and Jillian Michaels workouts do you need weights or anything extra to get with the DVDs?

She uses 2-5lb hand weights for strength parts of her exercises - unless it's a kettlebell dvd - but if you are on a budget, I have have used soup cans and water bottles filled with rocks before as weights lol

Just depends on what is comfortable for you, the weight is for toning.