Chest pain hours after jogging?

Options
Hello! I have some questions for yall. So a little info Im 23 y/o and am 275lbs (Ive lost 23lbs!) and Im starting to notice that Im getting chest pain anywhere from 8-12hours after Ive jogged. Im making an appt with the doctor tomorrow morning as this is the 2nd time this has happened but Im wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Im really scared. It doesnt hurt when im jogging just the heart rate going up thats it. Thanks for any input.

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor just to be sure but, it may actually be caused by your breathing. What is your cadence when running? Strides/strikes for inhale vs exhale? If you're constantly exhaling on the same foot then it can cause chest pain because your diaphragm contracts on the same step every time, it strains one side of your body more than the other. I had the same problem until I changed cadence so I exhale on alternating foot strikes every time.

Rigger
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Glad you will be seen by a dr. Helps to know if there is a problem. I'm a total DIY when it comes to health. I might consult a dr, but when it comes to healing, I don't count on them. That's me. When I have a problem, I always look to the basics to see if there is something I can do
    Are you hydrated
    If exercise is new, seems there's always this sort of adjustment to it.
    Are you getting enough sleep generally
    Are you experiencing emotional stress
    Do you have a crazy schedule (just having children can make things a bit crazy!)
    This sort of thing.
    Jogging, when you are that heavy may not be the best? I didn't like jogging when 30lbs over. Up to you.
    Glad you are paying attention to your body's cues, but...don't be scared.
    Let us know how things go
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor just to be sure but, it may actually be caused by your breathing. What is your cadence when running? Strides/strikes for inhale vs exhale? If you're constantly exhaling on the same foot then it can cause chest pain because your diaphragm contracts on the same step every time, it strains one side of your body more than the other. I had the same problem until I changed cadence so I exhale on alternating foot strikes every time.

Rigger
    Awesome.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Schedule a visit to the doctors for any unexplained chest pains. Chest pain after exertion might involve the heart and you need to be investigated to exclude aneamia , angina etc. Better to be safe than sorry,
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Agree with seeing the doctor, I think that's important to do, be on the safe side. I also wanted to say, when I started running, breathing and an ill fitting bra hurt my back and occasionally caused chest pain. I prefer the running bras that cross at the back, much more supportive. I also found my chest ached after doing something for the first time, pushing myself or going a little faster.