My Journey Begins August 1st, how about yours?

Options
Hello,

My name is Paul, 26, and I just joined MFP. To keep it short n sweet, I think this may be the tool to account me for my actions to get things done and logged.

I have about 50lbs to lose and no longer want the extra fat on my body. NO NO NO. I currently stand at 233lbs and want to reach 180lbs by the end of the year.

For those of you wondering why I don't have a picture up, it's because I actually look like the default silhouette lol :laugh:
So, if you're starting your journey tomorrow, friend me, and we will strive to accomplish our goals!

Note: I am NEW here, so I'm still exploring the site and seeing how everything works :D

Replies

• stephenmarbut
    Options
    Hey Paul!

Good luck with your weight loss.

I'm 32 in a week and really wish I'd dropped 50 lbs when I was 26 instead of now.

My weight has been roughly:
    1999 - 175
    2000 - 200 (picked up the college 25)
    2001 - 210
    2003 - 250 (I dont even remember gaining all of this weight!!)
    2005 - 215
    2008 - 230
    2010 - 250
    What a roller coaster.

Today - 218

So I'm about to break back into TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE! When I break the 200 mark I'm going to do a happy dance.

I've kicked up my diet and exercise in the past few weeks and it is REALLY paying off. Whats your game plan?
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I seriously started July 3rd. Been on here off and on but I told myself its time. Always looking for friends. Good luck!
  • what_lola_wants
    what_lola_wants Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Started end of last year when I first discover mfp (146 lbs). Then, life went up and down due to my grandma passed away(157lbs). Getting back on track right now (153lbs) :drinker:
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    Welcome Paul.

I started July 1.

You can do it!
  • Kwob936
    Kwob936 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been on and off this sit all summer, but haven't figured out how to really use it. I am in the same boat as you. Hoping to really start losing some weight, and need all the help I can get.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me....
    Started (once again) yesterday July 30....
    have a goal to lose at least 20lbs by my
    birthday in October.
  • FitnessWithPaul
    FitnessWithPaul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I'm excited to get the ball rolling in the AM.

I'm going to be doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred and will post a link HERE if you'd like to follow my success.
    Hey Paul!

Good luck with your weight loss.

I'm 32 in a week and really wish I'd dropped 50 lbs when I was 26 instead of now.

My weight has been roughly:
    1999 - 175
    2000 - 200 (picked up the college 25)
    2001 - 210
    2003 - 250 (I dont even remember gaining all of this weight!!)
    2005 - 215
    2008 - 230
    2010 - 250
    What a roller coaster.

Today - 218

So I'm about to break back into TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE! When I break the 200 mark I'm going to do a happy dance.

I've kicked up my diet and exercise in the past few weeks and it is REALLY paying off. Whats your game plan?
    A roller coaeter indeed. My game plan is to keep it plain and simple. Diet wise, I'm not cutting out junk food, but will only allow myself one meal a week if I so desire(a small combo, of course). Aside from that, everything will be store bought, cooked, and portion controlled. As for the exercise, I'll be working out 7 Days a week for the next 30 days, then down to 6 with 1 rest day.
    I seriously started July 3rd. Been on here off and on but I told myself its time. Always looking for friends. Good luck!
    You can do it!! I'll send a FR your way :D
    Started end of last year when I first discover mfp (146 lbs). Then, life went up and down due to my grandma passed away(157lbs). Getting back on track right now (153lbs) :drinker:
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandma :( Hope everything is better and looking brighter for you :)
    Welcome!

Feel free to add me....
    Started (once again) yesterday July 30....
    have a goal to lose at least 20lbs by my
    birthday in October.
    I too want to lose 20lbs by October! I have a particular costume I want to wear for Halloween! hehehe

I'm actually pumped to get this done...

like...

now... haha.

AAHHHHHHH HALDAHJGOIAJFAKJDFL;AHRBGOAEIRJFVAWEJFOAGHAHA!!!!!!! *HULK MODE* :D
  • ketchuplover
    Options
    May everyone here have an ausome August :)
  • FitnessWithPaul
    FitnessWithPaul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    May everyone here have an ausome August :)
    Thank you! You too! :)