weight training DVDs recommendations for women

Options
Hi,
could anybody recommend some weight training/ interval training DVDs for home usage? My criteria would be:
1) preferably several shorter workouts ( 10 - 30 mins ) that can be combined into a longer one,
2) preferably workouts that target different muscle groups, so that I can do e.g. upper body on Monday and lower body on Tuesday and so on,
3) minimal equipment ( I own dumbbells and resistance bands ).
I'm 38 yo, would call myself an intermediate exerciser, have to be careful about my knees ( I had patellae injuries in the past ). I can devote max. 45 mins to exercise on workdays, 1 hour at the weekend.
Thank you so much for your help!

Replies

• tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in this too. Any YouTube videos recommended for starting weight training?
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try Hip Hop Abs. Longest video is 45 minutes (Total Body Burn) and is on schedule only 4 times. Other 3 are between 20 and 30 minutes. HHA targets all your body.
    I lost 2.7 kilograms during 4 weeks and gained muscles everywhere. And yes, you get Sahun T :) I love him!
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For free, go to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fitness

There is a wide range of choice.
    I hope it helps you.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Check out

fitnessblender.com they have lots of different workouts you can find something that interests you. Also try, Youtube search for exercise workouts.
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Body Beast is a great weight training program, even for women! The first month is around 45 min each day but after that in the next phase they are only like 30-35 min long and target something different each day. There is a FB group of over 1000 women doing it called "Body Beast 4 women". Check it out!

Also, if you're short on time Shaun T's new Focus T25 may be good for you. It's total body weight training (with some added resistance in the 2nd phase) and it's only 25 min a day, 5 days a week. But you pack a whole lot of punch in that 25 minutes! I've done both, so you can message me if you have any questions about them!
  • Layla76
    Layla76 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Like Brandy, I was going to say Body Beast but there is also a workout called Les Mills Pump, however some of those workouts are longer than 30 minutes. Still a good program though.
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Jillian No More Trouble Zones. It's exactly like what you are describing.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My wife likes to lift, but making it to the gym has proven too difficult for her do to us living 10 miles from the closest gym. I am in the process of adding a rack/bench/barbell setup for her at home, and in the meantime she has been doing Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes video using her adjustable dumbbells and kettlebells. Might be worth checking out.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I will check out your recommendations. In the meantime I'm doing a Jackie Warner video. It has two 25 min videos using her Pyramid Training method - it is short but it is a true killer if you use heavy enough dumbbells.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Need some good workout DVDs. Jillian Michael's, Chalean Johnson Extreme turbo fire, Shaun T insanity most definatley p90x is the best