Major Plateau

Options
Been stuck at the same weight for three weeks now. Trying my best to hit the daily calorie goal. Lots of working out. Very frustrating. Anyone else with plateau experience/advice?

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Accuracy is key, review just how accurate are being with weighting food and counting calories.

Secondly, review your calories, it may be time to go to a lower deficit.

Thirdly, if both points above are in check then you may want to try either a new workout or a new eating pattern, I have known people to break plateus with Intermittent fasting. It may be worth trying but remember, meal timings do not effect weight loss, the reason it can break plateus is for very different reasons.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    When I stalled I found it to be caused by my calories being to low. I've been increasing my calories and now I'm dropping weight to fast. Guess it's time to increase them again :) Part of that is probably due to me trying to be more active on a daily basis too.
  • gpollis
    gpollis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I hadn't loose weight for a few months. I been lifting weights and lost inches but weight the same. Can notice in the clothes. I do cardio 5-6 days /week, lifting 3 days/ week and 1 day kick boxing plus I do abdominals to lost my tommy.
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been at this quite a while now and I found that no matter what I changed the plateau was there.. Several of them in my journey. Work through them, yell at the scale, cry if need be, but think about all you've gained with what you have lost. My 1st plateau was 5 weeks long! Then dropped 4 lbs the following week and continued to lose same as before the stall. Good luck!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    People might be able to give more specific advice if you open your diary (under Settings -> Diary Settings).

Also, 3 weeks isn't really a 'major plateau'. A lot of people would say that 2 weeks isn't a plateau, so 3 weeks is only just starting. I've seen people on here who haven't lost weight for months or even years.
  • silverfox1972
    silverfox1972 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    had the same problem. I stayed the same weight for 2 months even after loads or cardio. so reduced my carbs from 55% to 30% and have lost 7 pound in 5 weeks. try the low carb route it works
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    3 weeks, that's nothing!!! I was on plateau for 12 months :grumble:

The only way I changed this was by changing my already pretty healthy diet to a much "cleaner" diet and adding HIIT into my already 5-6 day per week training sessions.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I was at the same weight for 6 weeks! Then about a week and a half ago, I increased the strength training I was doing (in frequency and in weights) and increased my calorie intake from 1300 to 1600 (and I always eat back my exercise calories).

This morning I found that I have lost 2 1/2 pounds since last weigh in.

Maybe just some tweaking of what workout you do and try eating a little more for a while and see if there is any change.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have read about methods called "calorie confusion" and "calorie spiking" to control leptin. Read up on those and let me know if you have any success there. Good luck!
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    3 weeks, that's nothing!!! I was on plateau for 12 months :grumble:

The only way I changed this was by changing my already pretty healthy diet to a much "cleaner" diet and adding HIIT into my already 5-6 day per week training sessions.

Noone plateus for 12 months.. you were just eating maintenance calories or above..

Impossible to plateu for 12 months on a deficit..
  • FatAttorney
    Options
    Just joined an Ultimate Frisbee group. Will be doing that a few times a week from now on. I will try to change up my diet and exercise routine. The last time I hit a plateau I got discouraged and stopped trying to lose weight. This time, I won't let that happen.