Hi All....Im new to this.

Options
Hi Everyone,

I stumbled across this site when looking up the benefits of Green Coffee Bean and Raspberry Ketone (which I have bought). Reading other comments on these products it looks like I have been suckered into all the hype.

Anyhow I joined up to see if I can get myself motivated to start losing some weight. I'm not massively overweight but still not comfortable with the weight that has crept on over the past few years. I now have a wardrobe full of shirts that no longer fit me.

My main downfall is I like my beer and with that comes junk food such as pizza. The side effects of this is that I have got a whole lot lazier and unmotivated. Hopefully I can find some inspiration on this site to stop myself from falling off the wagon so often. I definitely need some guidance on what to eat, when to eat and how much. An exercise plan would also help.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction on where I should start.

One last thing is its my 40th B'day this weekend and I'm having a BBQ. This is going to be a massive calorie blowout I know but once this is over I really want to get myself back in shape and wear some of my favourite shirts again!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm very similar to you in that I've tried a bunch of fad diets, but then I found this site and became inspired/intrigued. Feel free to add me. I'm no nutritionist or dietician, but I do a lot of research and have tried pretty much everything outside of vegetarianism.
  • lolleo
    lolleo Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Rebekah,

I've added you thanks. Wow I see you have lost 20lbs! Thats great...how long have you been working on it
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Well, I've been working on my weight for the last 4 years. I initially lost 60lbs on Weight Watchers, but became complacent and tired of "points" and gained 24 of it back. The 20lbs you see on my ticker are what I've lost of the gain-back, and I started back on a healthy lifestyle in April. I lost 5lbs on my own, hit a plateau, and joined a wellness center on June 23rd. Since then, I've lost another 15lbs. This time, I really believe it's going to stay off because I feel a change in my thought process when it comes to food and exercies. The wellness center really has done a number on me.

What's your game-plan if you have one at this point?
  • lolleo
    lolleo Posts: 5
    Options
    I don't really have a game plan just yet. I really need to break some bad habits and become more motivated.

I think what would benefit me is a daily/weekly food planner. I need to find a good site with low cal recipes that I can follow and plan out the week ahead. At the moment I'm an impulse buyer without much consideration for calorie content. Just need to educate myself more on calorie content of foods.

Read a really good ebook years ago called Burn the Fat - Feed the Muscle which gave some very good info on nutrition and exercise. All was going well but fell off the wagon due to personnel stuff and never went back.

Any suggestions for good recipe website?
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Have you tried Sparks People? Also, the recipe board of this website has some REALLY good ones.