Excess Skin on Arms Motivation

Options
I've been overweight all my life and my arms are stretch marked to death...The only place I'm really worried about excess skin is on my arms. Could some of Y'all that's lost weight post pics and give me hope for my arms....needing some motivation so thanks (:

Replies

• gillmitch
    Options
    bump
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't have any after pictures because I'm nowhere near done but I am working on my arms a lot! I do a lot of lifting it feels like its working!
  • raggedyanne5
    raggedyanne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So glad you are doing this at such a young age. I waited to do this in my 40's and my arm skin is a huge problem. I'm definitely going to have to get the skin surgery. I will take a picture of my arms to post for reference for you and others. My best friend lost 110 and her arms look great, though, so I think it's partly genetic. My arms are pretty muscular but that underneath skin is just hanging around, reminding me of the damage I did to my body. Best wishes to you!!
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures either... yet. I have a before but I have only been doing strength training for 2 months. I can already tell a difference if you can believe it or not but I don't think anyone else could, My goal is to NOT want to have surgery on my arms. Pray for me!

I'm going to start doing dips today. My husband says that's what works the back of the arms.
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My only solution was brachioplasty (arm lift) to remove access skin. My skin was really restricting, I had to do it. Best of luck!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I am getting terrible batwings. :( I am hoping hoping hoping that eventually the fat is going to have to go away, but I think I am deluding myself. I couldn't care less about any other sagging part of my body but I used to have very nice arms before I ballooned up. :grumble:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My arms were pretty big. I don't have any great "befores" of them. Now there is still a bit more fat on my arms than I'd like, but overall I love my arms now and excess skin isn't an issue at all. Good luck :smile:

0b3189e5-f5b9-476e-867c-ac7de864cedf.jpg
    5220bf82-c64d-4694-b9bf-178c4b605c73.jpg
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Exess skin doesn't disappear no matter how much you exercise unless it's not too bad. Building muscle will make it look a bit better.

If it is exessive, plastic surgery is about the only thing you can do.

At first my arms bothered the hell out of me and I wore long to 3/4 sleeve shirts even in summer. I've gotten to the point that it only bothers me a little and I now wear short sleeves. I figure if someone thinks it's unsightly they don't have to look.

If someone says anything about it I become quite vicious. I have a nasty potty mouth and really am not all that nice of a person and don't put up with any BS.

I hope your arms bounce back for you. I understand how self-conscious it can make one feel.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are so young should help. Age and genetics seem to be the biggest factors. I had to have brachioplasty. I love my arms now, scars and all!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My arms were pretty big. I don't have any great "befores" of them. Now there is still a bit more fat on my arms than I'd like, but overall I love my arms now and excess skin isn't an issue at all. Good luck :smile:

0b3189e5-f5b9-476e-867c-ac7de864cedf.jpg
    980e7cdc-0b6e-456d-98d9-f9d8c94663cc.jpg

WOW! Your arms are Amazeballs!
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is ONLY 2 months and they make me cringe. First month I had 5 lb weights (useless but what did I know), and the last month I have been doing 10 lb weights.

2nlbpc5.jpg

r8ceh4.jpg
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are so young should help. Age and genetics seem to be the biggest factors. I had to have brachioplasty. I love my arms now, scars and all!!

I love your arms too Laura.. They look fantastic.

Mine looked better when I was heavier when they were plump and round. Now I have batwings that are just long and saggy... (kind of like my breasts.. but that's a different topic) My reward for meeting my goal is going to be PLASTICS.... and lots of it :-P

And OP, I've seen young people have their skin bounce back.. so there is no guarantee that you'll need plastics.. 20 year old skin and 40 year old skin behave VERY differently!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks blondageh!

This is ONLY 2 months and they make me cringe. First month I had 5 lb weights (useless but what did I know), and the last month I have been doing 10 lb weights.

2nlbpc5.jpg

r8ceh4.jpg

great job--awesome progress! starting at 5 lb dumbbells is great-- as long as you move on up, which you did :happy:
    My arms were about 17.25 inch circumference when I started
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference for sure. Great job!
  • iluvtherain
    iluvtherain Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump! I have big arms too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!