Opinions on my lunch (chicken, hummus, pita)

Options
Hi all -

The other day I grabbed a prepared snack container at Starbucks container and have replicated the basics in larger portions for lunch. See what you think of this:
Two whole wheat pitas
One half large chicken breast, grilled with a little salt/pepper, sliced
Appx 3 tablespoons Hummus

It's really satisfying; I just hope it's as healthy as it feels/looks.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Angie

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I use hummus as a spread on my turkey sandwich sometimes instead of mustard or mayo. GREAT job!
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    the only thing that would make it tastier/more nutritious would be to stuff the pita with some dark leafy greens (lettuce or spinach).
  • AONeal79
    Options
    Side note: I could probably add some carrot sticks or something, too, like the Starbucks combo had.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Mmmmm I add hummus to everything even my turkey roll up's that's how much I like it. I would say defenitly add some veggies. Sounds amazing
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty good, Just watch the calories on the pita, some are a lot higher than others! I agree with the other posts, add some Baby Spinach or Rocket and bulk it right up, some grilled capsicum (bell pepper) would go well in that aswell!
    Also to add to the middle eastern flavours add a little ground cumin and ground coriander seed to the chicken as you cook it. Yum!!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I <3 Hummus and I agree the calories on the Pita will kill ya. Try to use Whole Wheat if you can ...

Everyone had great ideas!