When did you start seeing progress?

Options
Since you joined MFP, how long did it take to see results. Ive just joined seven days ago and cant weight to see 1lbs down.

Replies

• Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Good progress first two weeks - 5 pounds - very exciting - slow and steady progress since then - ten more in the following 9 weeks - much better progress. The slower it comes off the longer it will stay off.

I am moving more - 10,000 steps a day and eating less - my portions were way out of control - even though they were all healthy choices.

I've given my self until Thanksgiving to lose 10 more and I hope it will happen, but don't care - mine is a lifestyle change not a diet.
  • Desyreeolvera
    Desyreeolvera Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ive been on and off with MFP but you can start seeing the scale move after 1 or 2 weeks depending on if you have been doing MFP and keeping to your goals. I lost 4 lbs in my first week and now im losing about 2 a week. You can see a difference in your body probably after 5 weeks. I take a photo in a swim suit once a week just to reassure myself i am losing weight!
    Its not so fun the first time if your self concious but when you see progress its alot of fun!!
    Feel free to add me if you need motivation!
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 2 month & I've started to notice physical changes. I can feel the muscles in my legs and my shoulders are more defined now. The biggest change is my stomach thankfully. I bought a pair of jeans when I started my diet and they now fall down, I have to wear a belt with them.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woow thats a hope! I'll be patient.:smile:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    week 1 June 10-17 6.6lbs lost
    Week 3 June 24-30 2.6lbs lost
    week 4 July 1-7 1.2lbs lost
    week 5 July 8-14 1.4 lbs lost
    week 6 July 15-21 1.2 lbs lost
    week 7 July 22-28 2.2 lbs lost

Just remember, you didn't put the weight on in a day, you won't be able to lose it all in a day. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Be patient and keep at it!