C25K

Options
I am thinking about starting C25K in a week or two. My question for people who are currently doing this or have done it already, how did you guys log it into MFP? ( no, I don't have HRM )

Replies

• BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Two options ( I actually did both) first my C25K app told me time, distance, and calories burned and I entered that under cardio on my diary....I also ran (and still run) the MapMyRun app also which calculates it too so I had a comparison to try to be more accurate. I started the program in April and if you want to run it's a great choice! I highly recommend it :)
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I used Runtastic for calorie tracking! I just ran the C25K App and Runstastic at the same time. It's a great app to get you into running again!
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you're using a treadmill you will see what speeds you use and can log it that way. If you're hitting the pavement then try one of the many apps that log exercise such as walking or running. You enter your stats and it can give you a calorie burn. There are several that also sync to MFP as well. Just check out their APPS tab at the top.
  • kclayton0820
    Options
    I had to go out and calculate my calories burned (googled a calculator) for my time/mileage and then I entered it under the Cardio in my Diary. I have been doing the C25K for almost 3 weeks now. Had to repeat Week 1 but it is a great tool to keep you motivated and on the move.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting C25K in a week or two. My question for people who are currently doing this or have done it already, how did you guys log it into MFP? ( no, I don't have HRM )

If you are running outside then runkeeper does the trick, recently integrated with MFP and after a few teething issues its now working well.

Personally I had problems with MapMyRun and Ride, losing about half my sessions through synch issues.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I used Runtastic for calorie tracking! I just ran the C25K App and Runtastic at the same time. It's a great app to get you into running again!

+1- I did this too.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use Rundouble. I tracks my course, pace, and calories burned. I play Pandora while I run and the voice just interrupts the music and tells me when it's time to run/walk. Plus it syncs to a website so when I upgraded my phone my stats transferred to my new phone. I wish it synced with MFP, but I guess you can't have everything!!
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone :-)

I'm very excited to start c25K.