Insaniacs

Options
I am beginning my 3rd week of Insanity, and I'm curious as to when everyone else began losing weight. I have lost nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. I do keep reading that for a lot of people it takes a couple of weeks to a month before they start noticing weight loss because muscle is being built. Let me know your results!!

Replies

• Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your measurements? I'm in the recovery week and just took mine today. I'm down a combined 8 inches from arms, thighs, calves, waist, hips and chest. Also down 2% body fat. I've only lost two pounds. I'm happy with the results so far, plus I still have an entire month ahead of me. :)
  • llfretwell
    llfretwell Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    No :(. Unfortuantely I never took measurements. I wish I would have. Maybe I'll just go ahead and do it now so I can look at them a few weeks from now and see my progress..
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think I starting losing weight around the 3rd week. I lost 9 total pounds and a lot of inches. I also did strength training 3 times a week during the program.
  • Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Definitely go take measurements! It's totally worth it.
  • llfretwell
    Options
    Thanks Kaleena! That makes me feel better! It's reassuring! Did you eat your exercise calories from Insanity?
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think I starting losing weight around the 3rd week. I lost 9 total pounds and a lot of inches. I also did strength training 3 times a week during the program.

Same here, 3rd week is when I started noticing the scale going down, and that was after the scale went up during the first 2 weeks. I've learned that my scale is to always be used in conjunction with my tape measure.

For instance, my last weigh in showed no measurable weight loss, but I lost another inch from my waist, abdomen, and hips.................so I took that as a victory.
  • llfretwell
    Options

Same here, 3rd week is when I started noticing the scale going down, and that was after the scale went up during the first 2 weeks. I've learned that my scale is to always be used in conjunction with my tape measure.

For instance, my last weigh in showed no measurable weight loss, but I lost another inch from my waist, abdomen, and hips.................so I took that as a victory.

So good to hear. I am taking my measurements today for sure!
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am beginning my 3rd week of Insanity, and I'm curious as to when everyone else began losing weight. I have lost nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. I do keep reading that for a lot of people it takes a couple of weeks to a month before they start noticing weight loss because muscle is being built. Let me know your results!!

I'm starting to lose now and I'm on my 4th week... I went up a couple of pounds beforehand, so I'm excited to see results. I've checked here and there for inches lost, but not all over yet.. I've lost one inch in my hips so far!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I started my last week this morning and my weight has stayed the same but I have lost inches and things are more toned all over. I don't care about the scale anymore as long as things keep looking better and I keep feeling better. It is a great workout.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 12 and I've lost 1/2 an inch from my hips and 1 from my waist. I've lost 3.8 pounds but I'm also eating well. I've heard that some people drop all their weight the last couple of weeks so don't be discouraged.
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kaleena! That makes me feel better! It's reassuring! Did you eat your exercise calories from Insanity?

Yes, definitely hang in there!

Yes, I did eat the exercise calories back. I ate net 1800 during the program and have continued it since. :)
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost weight consistently throughout the program...What I ate played a huge role in my results. I cleaned up my eating and paid a lot of attention to the macros on the food I consumed, not just the calories. Below is my weight throughout Insanity

DATE WEIGHT
    12/24/2012 205
    1/2/2013 198
    1/7/2013 197
    1/9/2013 194.4
    1/15/2013 192.5
    1/22/2013 192
    1/28/2013 190.5
    2/1/2013 189.2
    2/12/2013 187.4
    2/13/2013 186.3
    2/27/2013 185.4
    3/6/2013 184

I am starting T25 on Monday(8/5/13)...should have a starting weight of around 183-184lbs (6'2" male) Hopefully it goes well...I am making it my goal to come out of t25 around 175lbs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i put on 2lbs over the whole insanity programme, but i lost a load of fat, so who cares what the scales say?!

plus i am somewhere between maintenance and losing a bit of bodyfat so i didnt have any 'weight' to lose in the first place!
  • llfretwell
    Options
    i put on 2lbs over the whole insanity programme, but i lost a load of fat, so who cares what the scales say?!

plus i am somewhere between maintenance and losing a bit of bodyfat so i didnt have any 'weight' to lose in the first place!

This is pretty much my situation. I mean, I would ideally like to still lose 8-10 lbs. As long as I lose some fat, I think I'll feel good about myself!