Are you suppose to eat back the calories you burn?

Options
2»

Replies

• susyw_2003
    Options
    Yeah I strongly agree that MFP over estimates calorie burn and the only thing that is going to be accurate is if you use a HRM :)
  • JoannaC61210
    JoannaC61210 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So if I burn 500 calories running I should eat something as much as 500 calories?

Yes, as long as you're sure the number of calories you burned is accurate. MFP overestimates, so do ellipticals/treadmills/bikes that tell you how many calories you've burned. They don't know your body type, how tall you are, or how much you weigh, so the calories they tell you you've burned are likely off. Get a heart rate monitor (I have the Polar FT4 and I LOVE it!). It's the most accurate way to determine how many calories you burned so you can feel confident that you've truly met your goal for the day.

I agree it def. overestimates calories burned which Is why I use a polar HRM. Best thing ever!
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    I am working with a dietician and she advised I don't need to eat back exercise calories. "Listen to your body and your energy level."

It isn't holy writ. Listen to your body. :)
  • alizrules
    Options
    I am confused too because it been nearly 2 weeks and I haven't lost any weight and I usualy have a deficit of 500-700