belly bloat after every meal??

Options
has anyone experienced this. I try very hard to eat either high fiber cereal for breakfast or egg whites with veggies. I have chicken and veggies for lunch and either chicken or egg whites for dinner. I know I don't hit my TDEE calorie goal and that's probably what my Non weight loss problem is but after every meal, without fail. I feel uncomfortably full and my belly blows out. Its uncomfortable like this for a few hours and therefore I skip snacks and then even sometimes skip meals because Im still bloated out from the previous meal. I have tried low carb high protein; I have tried hi fiber, I have tried combining both. It seems the older I get, the more this happens. UGH!, in turn I am not hitting my calorie goals, exercising more and more and weight loss has stalled to the point of slight slight gain.

any suggestions on why im blowing up after meals??

Replies

• shelliemacs
    shelliemacs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
  • daniealicia
    Options
    Have you had any children? Apparently after having children, especially a c section, but not always, you can have a gap in your abs, there is a special name for it,begins with a d, I'm sorry I can't remember, but usual ab work such as crunches, sit ups etc can actually make the problem worse, there are special exercises you can do until it is remedied. When this is the case and you eat a meal, your stomach just pops straight out because the muscles aren't there to hold it in. It's possible it could be this?

Or mild irritable bowel?
  • shelliemacs
    shelliemacs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    no kids, (they scare me) every other time of day I have a usually comfortable belly. its just right after I eat and for a few hours more
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It may be a food sensitivity of some sort. You might try eliminating things one at a time and see if it's that. Is there something common to every meal that you eat or drink?
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have also had this problem in the past. What works for me is a pro-biotic, either one found in Keifer (try to find a low sugar one since you're dieting) or pill form. Try to find one with the most strains, I think the highest I've found is 10 in the keifer and 12 in a pill form. My bloating seems to resolve itself in a few weeks of taking these, but it may cause temporary diarrhea or constipation while you take it.

Also some people get bloated from eggs and dairy. So maybe even egg whites are too much for your stomach.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    See your Doctor,

I had the same issue, & just keeping track of what causes the bloat & avoid those foods. I am bloat free. I also take a pro-biotic, & psyllium fiber.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I tried to look at your food diary but you don't enter anything. Hard to help.